• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Headlight cleanup

SFC Cobb

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone here restored there headlight lens on their truck?

If so what did you use to do it?

I am talking about the yellowing and haze on the plastic part of the headlight lens.

Use toothpaste, it works for me on headlights and tail lights on my old Chevys. Just use it like a wax. If you have a buffer you can buff them with any type of wax and that clears them up as well

Need a good reason to clean your headlights?
po2.jpg

Nick, you find the best links!

Just call me the Grand Marshal Overloard...

Dont ask me to fix forum issues though...):h

I did it to my civic. They were pretty bad. A little yellow, but really hazed. I used a 3m headlight restoration kit. Turned out better than I thought it would. Took about an hour. Jerry.

Attachments

• DSC00996.jpg
    DSC00996.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01000.jpg
    DSC01000.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 22
Jerry, i would assume that was on the outside, right? my girlfriends corrola looks like that, but it is on the inside. sorry to hijack, but what would be the best way to clean it up?

Jerry, i would assume that was on the outside, right? my girlfriends corrola looks like that, but it is on the inside. sorry to hijack, but what would be the best way to clean it up?
Thats a good question. My neighbors car is the same way. I would think there is no way because the housing is sealed except for the hole for the bulb. But if someone knows of a way, let us know. Jerry.

Well, it can't be scratched on the inside (which is the problem on the exterior) so I am assuming it must be baked-on moisture or film.

Have you tried removing the lens assembly, pulling the bulb out, putting the thing face-down on the table and pouring some vinegar into it to soak off the film? A good soak, a good rinse (final rinse with distilled water to avoid more film), and you might be back in business.

Won't cost much to try it, just a little effort and a day or so to let it soak and dry good.

On the other hand, I have seen some where the mirror finish was screwed, either baking off or discolouring, and that means the assembly is FUBAR. You need to know which your problem is.

The Plexus is good stuff. Or I just use Scratch X then a Basic Wax after and that gets the Job done.

Back