• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hauled some wood today.

FireMedicJO

Reaction score
Getting close to putting the house on the market, so I'm offloading my surplus of wood to my neighbor. Finally got the last trunk drug up from the bottom of the hill, bucked, and split down to size. Two truck loads.

Here ya go:

Looks like alot of work!

Good looking setup..:cool:

I just had mine so full the other day that the chainsaw ended up strapped to the roof rack...

attachment.php

Nice load of wood. Was that oak? I once hauled some large blocks of green sycamore one time. Even after splitting the blocks in half it was all I could do to get the halves up on the tailgate. For what I had on the truck that was the heaviest wood I ever hauled.

Oak and cedar.
A couple of years ago my brother had a healthy, old oak blow down in the spring. The rounds were so packed with water that the truck was almost on the blocks.

Good looking load. That'll warm your neighbor for a week or so...
Son & I split 4 cords over the holiday for our outdoor wood boiler. 3 weeks prior we did 8 full cords in one day. We won't do that much at one time again...whew! we were beat.

Good looking load. That'll warm your neighbor for a week or so...
Son & I split 4 cords over the holiday for our outdoor wood boiler. 3 weeks prior we did 8 full cords in one day. We won't do that much at one time again...whew! we were beat.

I know what you mean. The night pics were around 11 at night, second load for the day working mostly alone, except when the wife operated the splitter lever on the some of the trunk pieces until I got em down to a manageable size. I slept real good that night.

Back