• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hankook ATM RF10 vs. NITTO vs. BFG

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got to have new tires.

For 285/75/16 it's come down to:

Nitto Grapplers - $664

Hankooks - $643.52

BFG's - $824

I currently have the BFG's, but there bald.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

i got new tires right after that burnout that i posted on here....

went with the nittos again, but this time went with the 285's instead of the 305's. The 305's are too wide for the stock rim and they wore really funny. Lovin the 285's so far. ride smooth, not noisy, and i think they look great!

My vote goes to the Nitto's. I've got 285's on my truck and love em. Ride is really good and the traction is awesome!:beer: You going with Load range D or E? Mine are load range D, didn't really need the 10 ply tire plus they were a bit cheaper and the ride is much better.:D

BFGs for me. 75k last set. Everything about them is top notch for me. I'm on my 5th set on 4 different trucks. There are only 2 reasons I wouldn't recommend them. 1) If you drive alot of gravel. 2) If you're gonna be in mud alot.

BFGs for me. 75k last set. Everything about them is top notch for me. I'm on my 5th set on 4 different trucks. There are only 2 reasons I wouldn't recommend them. 1) If you drive alot of gravel. 2) If you're gonna be in mud alot.

I take it you don't spin tires much? :pound:

75K is crazy for any set of tires on these trucks IMO..

wow 75k is good. I got about 50k or so out of my pro comps. I say look into the hankook or spend a bit more and get toyo. Nitto tires are just cheaper made toyo tires, not to say that people have used them with no success but when it comes to tires I don't care how much I shell out. I would just buy the more expensive tires and have sound piece of mind.

wow 75k is good. I got about 50k or so out of my pro comps. I say look into the hankook or spend a bit more and get toyo. Nitto tires are just cheaper made toyo tires, not to say that people have used them with no success but when it comes to tires I don't care how much I shell out. I would just buy the more expensive tires and have sound piece of mind.

A guy at my local tire store said that nitto's and toyo's are different divisions of the same company. Said the tires were manufactured the same way too.... Thats why i went with the cheaper nittos.

I take it you don't spin tires much? :pound:

75K is crazy for any set of tires on these trucks IMO..

I drive 700 mi per week and it's 95% highway. I TRY not to tear 'em up but you know... at least once every 50 to 100 mi or so I have to make sure everything is cleaned out real good;)...
The tires are mounted on stock PYOs and I keep them at around 42psi. I rotate every other oil change which is 12 to 15k (6 to 7.5k x 2).

I just ordered the Hankooks. There was a Cummins in the parking lot today and I had a chat with the guy, he just put a set on his truck and I must say these tires look 10x better in person. So, hopefully I'll have my set in by the end of the week and get them mounted.

Pics to come.

Also FYI:

I got these tires for 614.56 shipped to my door. That's cheap IMO.

If you search through live.com you will get a Cashback coupon, I saved 8% or 53.44 off of these through eBay.com.

If anybody needs more info let me know and I'll post up the instructions on how to do this.

Jeff, it occurred to me that since you see so little snow there would be no good reason to pay the extra $ for the BFGs anyway. I'd be interested to see how those Hankooks look on your rig.

Tire will be here Thursday, getting mounted Friday morning. :cool:

I got them mounted Friday, but now that this holiday weekend is over I'll get some pictures up.

I'm 100% sastified so far, I love the looks and the ride. Much improved over my BFG!

I'll post pictures ASAP.

A guy at my local tire store said that nitto's and toyo's are different divisions of the same company. Said the tires were manufactured the same way too.... Thats why i went with the cheaper nittos.

Nitto is the discount brand tire division of toyo. They may be manufactured the same way I am not sure of that. And unless he is on the assembly line he does not know either.

Nitto is the discount brand tire division of toyo. They may be manufactured the same way I am not sure of that. And unless he is on the assembly line he does not know either.

It don't bother me. I love my Nitto tires.:beer: and for the price, you can't beat em. the ride is excelent and the traction is awesome.

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02111.jpg

They do look Good. I have the problem of 18" wheels which limits the number of lesser expensive options for tires. I do not want to have to pay $225 a tire to get new ones. My Nitto grapplers are on the last couple of months of wear. I do not go off road very much so a tire suited for pavement works for me, if I could just some least expensive type of A/T tires??

look good man, next time i am inline for tires i am gonna look into hankook. my toyos have about 6k on them or so and they look good so far.

Back