• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greasing a 2007 GM 2500 Classic

Thanks Mike, trying to get caught up on all the small stuff. It stinks working out of the Hotel parking lot and on the weekends at the base auto hobby shop

I like my Lincoln power luber for the tractor and bushhog but prefer my pistol grip for my truck. I have blown out a boot on an upper ball joint so now I like to slowly squeeze on the pistol grip. Note I did not blow it out with the power luber but can see it blowing one out before I realize it. A little safer with a hand luber

If you have not done this yet add a couple of long whip hoses to the grease gun and it helps when you have to loop the hose like a snake to get best alignment. One whip hose isn't enough IMO.
I think I added (3) 18" whip hoses. I used a couple of 1/8-NPT plumbing couplers to add the extra whip hoses. Note it doesn't get cold enough here to cause a problem pumping cold grease through 3 hoses.

Another tip I learned via a forum is diaper your grease gun. Wrap a couple shop paper towels (make a coule layers thick fold one or more etc) around the base and tape it on and it will eliminate the oil seperation drips out of the plunger hole.

Back