• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my Lift on!!!

HemisAreSlow

FREE!!!
Reaction score
After much debate and the selling of many items deemed no longer needed....I got my lift kit installed....I went with the BDS 7" high clearance (non-torsion bar drop) lift.....I choose to go with re-springing the rear for the lift rather than block...only down side is the kit was made for a 2500 not a srw 3500 so I guess now I am back to 2500 status...I do have a set of airbags and a compressor that need to go in yet. I had a local shop do the install....it looks good, but I was less than pleased in the moanor they handled things. Truck is riding on a set of Kelly Safari TSR 315 75 16 load range e.....I am still getting some inner fender rub, but I believe that to be caused by the off set of the rims...lift was finished on last saturday, and sunday am we drove it to Bar Harbor, Maine...so thats where most of the pics are from....what do you guys think
2010-06-10144417.jpg

2010-06-10144356.jpg

2010-06-10144407.jpg

2010-06-17203520.jpg

2010-06-18115046.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

me and my truck...I'm 6'1"....and the camera adds a couple hundred pounds

2010-06-18115436.jpg

Dude, that thing looks f'n nasty...

Photoshop one of those pics with a black grille.

I don't have photo shop....here is my best effort with paint....any one with photo shop wanna take a stab at it?

Attachments

• nickswish.jpg
    nickswish.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 21
Looks good Mike.

Lift is definitively on the #1 to do list on my next one.

Looks Good.

Next thing you should Add should def. be the Black Grille.

What did the Shop do that you didn't Like? The one thing I See is that they are Using Jack Stands. That wouldn't Fly with me. If I'm giving my Truck to Someone to Work on and Paying for it, it better be on a Lift, and not on the same Equipment that I can Use and do the Install in my Driveway.

Looks Good.

Next thing you should Add should def. be the Black Grille.

What did the Shop do that you didn't Like? The one thing I See is that they are Using Jack Stands. That wouldn't Fly with me. If I'm giving my Truck to Someone to Work on and Paying for it, it better be on a Lift, and not on the same Equipment that I can Use and do the Install in my Driveway.

I paid for all the parts on a thursday in cash....dropped the truck off that saturday (because I live 80 miles from the shop and have a company truck)...the lift was schedualed to be put in on tuesday and wednesday....I was to pick it up on thursday so i could have time to put on the running boards and load the truck for my trip to Maine on that sunday....I called them tuesday to see how things were going and they informed me the parts never arrived due to the truck breaking down....so they sent one of their employees to get the parts...they started the lift wednesday and told me it should still be done on thursday providing they could get it done by 2 so they could send it out for an allignment.I showed up on thursday at 2 and thats when I took the pics I posted of the work in progress....hadn't started the rear and were not done putting the front in.....they assured me it would be done thursday night leaving all day friday for the allignment...all along they have been reminded I am driving the truck 700 miles to maine on sunday....I called on friday at noon and they said the truck was on its way to get alligned at a shop they always use and never have any issues with due to larger tires....they called me back at 3 to tell me their shop could not do the allignment and no one else in the area could get it in until wednesday....also when I picked up the truck the front tired rubbed hardcore on the front inside fenders....3 cranks of the t bars and a hack saw fixed it....but I believe that is something I should not have had to do after paying almost 1k in llabor.....needless to say I was not happy....I ended up picking the truck up...driving 80 miles home un-alligned...going to pepboys with my factory rims and tires (not mounted) in the back....I had to pay pepboys to mount the tires to the rims...remove the oversized tires...install the factory rims and tires, do the allignment, and then switch back to the aftermarket rims and tires....

yeah I am still not a fan....when I get back from Maine the store manager might find my foot up his ass....I forgot to mention when pep boys tried to remove the driver side front wheel they ended up snapping the wheel stud....apparently whoever put the lug nut on last over tightened it.....

Holy Hell.

Yea, I'd def. go back and Rip that Shop a New One.

That's wayyyy Unacceptable.

Def. get a Black Grille too.

LOL.....would you like to donate one to the cause.........those rbp grills are waaaaaay out of my price range

Back