• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got In An Accident Saturday Night

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
A$$hole blew the Stop Sign and I T-Boned him at about 40mph. He was in a Lincoln Town Car, which is now totaled. I frigged that thing up BAD.

But here's what my Truck looks like. Everyone is saying that having that Bull Bar in the Front REALLY saved me ALOT. My Airbags didn't go off either. Honestly, I didn't even feel it when I hit him. Felt like I went over a Speed Bump too fast, that was it. My back didn't even come off the back of my Seat.

My Headlights are fine, I just took them out because I have HID's in them, and didn't want them getting thrown out when it goes to the Body Shop. The Turn Signals got broke though.

I'm thinking about doing an Escalade Front End on it. It's gonna be getting fixed at my friends Body Shop, so it'll be done right.

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

Man...Sorry to hear that...Thats shitty for sure but at least you're ok...

ouch that sucks. at least you didnt get hurt, that is what is important.

Yea, it sucks.

The only thing I was worried about when I got home, was going outside the next day, and seeing both my Front Tires flat (because the Bumper got pushed into them, I had the Tow Truck Winch the Bumper away from the Tires) and to find my HID Ballasts smashed. But the Tires are still just as full as they were LAST WEEK when I got them put on, and my HID's were fine.

But it's getting picked up tomorrow morning to go to my friends Body Shop, the Insurance Person is goin to look at it, then we're gonna see how much it'll be, and I'll either get an Escalade or Denali Front End.

So we shall see.

...maybe even re-paint the whole Truck Flat Black, U.A.V. Style. ;)

James, glad to see your alright and can share this with us. As always the material things can be replaced but it surely sucks when some Ahole has a brain fart and screws up. I would have to agree that the that Bull Bar saved you some damage and gave him a little more :ihih:. Good luck getting her back together.

Damn that sucks. Glad you're in one piece. I know how you feel, believe me. Yours is a bit worse than mine though, I hit a god damned whitetail Sunday night at 60 mph. One estimate is $4k, the other is $3.7k. I'll get the pics posted of mine sometime.

The Trucks at the Body Shop now. Just gotta wait for the other Guys Insurance to go there and look at at, or whatever the Next Step is.

But chances are, it's gonna be leaving the Shop with an Escalade Front End.

Thanks for the good words and making sure I'm ok. :)

Glad your ok James. I would cry myself to sleep if that were my truck.

I did cry myself to sleep when I totalled my SSEi this summer. I was so bummed about that car.

Anyways, too bad about your truck, at least no one got hurt and it wasn't your fault.

Ok, I got a copy of the Accident Report Today from the PD. They didn't issue the other Guy ANY Tickets at all. Didn't issue one for him blowing the Stop Sign, and the one that REALLY pisses me off, they didn't check the Box OR write him a Ticket for leaving the Scene of the Accident.

The Police had to go find him in the Restaurant. Doesn't that fall under the Category of Leaving The Scene Of The Accident?

But since they claim he was in a Diabetic Shock, are they just gonna turn away from the fact he left the Scene?

Does anyone know how I should go about finding out WHY there was no Ticket written for leaving the scene, or is that when a lawyer comes into play?

Ok, I got a copy of the Accident Report Today from the PD. They didn't issue the other Guy ANY Tickets at all. Didn't issue one for him blowing the Stop Sign, and the one that REALLY pisses me off, they didn't check the Box OR write him a Ticket for leaving the Scene of the Accident.

The Police had to go find him in the Restaurant. Doesn't that fall under the Category of Leaving The Scene Of The Accident?

But since they claim he was in a Diabetic Shock, are they just gonna turn away from the fact he left the Scene?

Does anyone know how I should go about finding out WHY there was no Ticket written for leaving the scene, or is that when a lawyer comes into play?[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter? Insurance reasons? Just wondering...

The insurance company usually only uses the PD report info as a guide. This deals with criminal negligence but the insurance company deals in fault. If the cop says, "I won't issue any tickets, it was not really anyone's fault"(weather conditions, private property, etc), the insurance companys will still determine fault.

All accidents are caused by somebody. The PD report may not always reflect this, but the insurance companies will sure assign some form, or degree, of fault.

This sounds pretty cut and dry. Just don't let them try to assign contributory negligence to you (if your state allows it).

Good luck with the repairs!

K

Why not do one of my front bumpers on it? I'll make you a good deal on it

Oh, believe me...that thought has crossed my mind just a FEW times...A DAY ;)

I was thinking, still do the Escalade Front End, but with your Bumper, and do a nice 2/3 or 2/4 Drop on the Truck.

Make it like a damn Battering Ram that looks SEXY AS HELL rolling down the Street. :thumbsup:

I anyone could PhotoShop that...that would be SUPER. Get the Escalade Front End with the Iron Bull Bumper on the Front of one of our Trucks.

I just has me wondering what Bumper I would need. The Chevy one or GMC one. If I do the Escalade Front End, I need to make new Front & Side Bumper Mounts, because the Escalade Bumper sits up 2" Higher than the HD Bumper.

So does that mean if I did the Escalade Front End, with an IB Bumper, there would only be a 2" Gap between the Grill / Lights and the Bumper??

Back