• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMT800 front brake question, 3500 SRW vs DRW

DieselAmateur

She ain't revved 'til the rods are thrown...
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain if there are any differences in the front brakes (caliper, hub, rotor, pads) between a GMT800 2500/3500 SRW and a 3500 dually/ cab & chassis

I'm gathering parts for the GMT800 brake conversion for a GMT400 1 ton dump, and want the best braking possible. I've looked on a few duramax forums but have not found anything definitive, most conversations are about the rear and and switching between single and dually rears.

In looking up parts on RockAuto there are different part numbers for single rear wheel and dual rear wheel trucks as far as calipers, rotors, and wheel hubs go, but I don't want to use that as my primary source of information.

If anyone can say one way or another whether there are differences in the front brakes or whether it's worth the extra money (DRW front calipers can be $40 more apiece) please share insight and advice. Thanks!

For the rotors, drw gmt800 use a rotor with a narrower vent channel so there is a thicker rotor, but they're all 1.5" thick. I did find some brands that list just 1 rotor for both srw & drw. As to the calipers, I don't know. GM uses 1 knuckle for all 8 lugs and they're all dual 2" piston calipers. DRW trucks are actually SRW up front with bolt 9n 3.5" thick spacers, so I really don't know what is different between srw & drw calipers.

Back