• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plugs: Bosch Duratherms or AC Delco 60G

Nope. Tons of knockoffs- more than the real ones!

AC Delco 60G - ONLY from an AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR! I can’t stress this enough. Rock auto, amazon, etc all proven to have sold knock offs.

Want to gamble- buy a lottery ticket.
Invest the added $10 cost to knowing the glow plug wont destroy your piston, block, valves, heads, turbo- like it has others before you.

AC Delco 60G - ONLY from an AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR! I can’t stress this enough. Rock auto, amazon, etc all proven to have sold knock offs.

Invest the added $10 cost to knowing the glow plug wont destroy your piston, block, valves, heads, turbo- like it has others before you.
Can you list some legit sellers?

I thought Amazon was now a legit AC Delco seller

I’ll definitely have to keep this in mind.I have new Bosch 80034 that I bought from eBay a few years ago.Says made in France on the boxes.Hopefully they are the real deal.

There is only ONE legit seller on amazon according to AC Delco.
There are many cko sellers there, a couple with very similar sounding names.

My Bosch were from rock auto and when it occurred Bosch refused to even look at them to see if they were real or knock off because rock auto wasn’t authorized and by purchasing through them I lost any warranty possible.

Rock Auto was proven to sell cko, but later became an authorized dealer for the 60G- SO I HEAR. But if they buy real ones for $6 and cko for $4, why not sell a small amount of real ones and many fakes simply for profit…
Never will trust them.

This was an inevitable result

ABSOLUTELY HELL NO!!! I made the mistake and so have others here.
I never lost an engine to one but got lucky that I was standing under the hood and someone else turned on the key. I heard the solenoid click on, heard a pop then jingle, then solenoid click off. Lil voice in my head said something broke and metal fell onto metal. 2 hours later I got the broken off plug out through the injector hole.

20 days old- they even refused the warranty at SS DIESEL. Some talking to other diesel mechanics in my area and looking online to learn this happens often.

Idk what Kennedy is selling- don’t care. Quick heat not worth the risk.

Back