• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FYI - Dorman balancers are CHINESE!!!

When the time comes, I'm buying a Fluidampr. Period. At the very least, I know I'm supporting the HOME team.

That's what I like to hear. Conviction AND follow-through... can't have one without the other.

The guys I know with Fluidamprs really like them, but they are more $.

Is it worth the trade-off? I think it's like the gear-drives... the people who have them think so, those who went the other way don't. Or those of us with Heath PMD Isolators - same thing.

In any case, good luck with whichever choice you make.

and for alloys, Nickel is coming from Russia, Indonesia....and New Caledonia. May be a bit of my country is mixed with iron inside your engine blocks :D

that could be a sales ad " super tough 6.5L blocks now made with New Caledonian nickel alloy"):h
and then a picture from your truck

BTW, I recentely put a new crank pulley on my truck, it's Dorman/chinese one too, and seems for the moment to do well.
We'll see in the months coming...

yeah let's see what kind of miles we get out of these things, I have a whopping 500 miles :ihih:
on mine and it hasn't grenaded yet...

Thank you, gentlemen, for an entertaining read this AM.
2X "Dollars are like votes, except that they actually count."
(oil on the fire) And the damn cash for clunkers should be for buying AMERICAN with our own tax ripoff dollars... or Canadian, like my 'Burb.

I've had a dorman balancer and crank pulley on the pickup for at least 15K+ now and i'll still check it every now and then and it seems to be doing just fine.

Japan once was where china is now,

Methinks he means Japan used to make cheap junk ('70s) like china has been, and India does now.
Well, junk can be made anywhere, as Smith and Wesson has proven. Just open up the manufacturing tolerances, reduce the rejection for defects, and bank on people not returning the junk for warranty.

Methinks he means Japan used to make cheap junk ('70s) like china has been, and India does now.
Well, junk can be made anywhere, as Smith and Wesson has proven. Just open up the manufacturing tolerances, reduce the rejection for defects, and bank on people not returning the junk for warranty.
:hammer:

Chinese made goods are as good as the spec requirements given to them. The spec has to be very very detailed to even the metal composition if necessary. If not, they will make it as easy as they can.

In general, we should just accept it and hope for the best. Get ready to go back and forth for warranty. Make sure it has at least 1 yr warranty.

My chinese dorman junk pulley lasted not even a week. Rubber bond between inner rubber and pulley was never bonded, or let go.

Put OEM back on, and the junk chinese pulley with the lifetime warranty is still sitting on the shelf in my carport rusting away from lack of use.

"You can b.... these p..... with f...... dental floss!" Diceman perhaps ahead of his time on chinese quality control.

Honestly, it is not the Chinese that is responsible for QC. It is the company that outsource the work to them. They have to do an incoming QC. But then again, the US was never bought in with Baldridge, Juran, Taguchi, etc. They just do it for a stamp or award but not for company culture.

Back