• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuse location

Rodd

Recruit
Reaction score
I am getting ready to connect my gauges and I'm not sure which fuse is the ignition? The closest one I can find is #8 slot (Crank). Is this the right one? The other fuse I am looking for is the lights however I was thinking of connecting to the Illum fuse #14. I am assuming #14 is for illuminating the dash lights. Is that right?

Thanks!

I am getting ready to connect my gauges and I'm not sure which fuse is the ignition? The closest one I can find is #8 slot (Crank). Is this the right one? The other fuse I am looking for is the lights however I was thinking of connecting to the Illum fuse #14. I am assuming #14 is for illuminating the dash lights. Is that right?

Thanks!

Illum fuse is for dash lights, dims with the dimmer.

You can use any ign lead, just test with a test light, make sure its off with key off, and ON with key on. Be sure to add a fuse inline.

Illum fuse is for dash lights, dims with the dimmer.

You can use any ign lead, just test with a test light, make sure its off with key off, and ON with key on. Be sure to add a fuse inline.

I have some fuse taps. You take out the fuse and add the tap and put 2 fuses in. I don't want to tap into the ignition wire if I don't have to.

I have some fuse taps. You take out the fuse and add the tap and put 2 fuses in. I don't want to tap into the ignition wire if I don't have to.

You don't have to tap into THE ignition fuse, Many of the fuses are only live with ignition power. Pick any of those, find out which ones are by using a testlight that lights when key is on, and not when key is off.

There is also a panel down by your left foot ebrake area that has many constant powers, and ignition switched power feeds too.

Back