• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Funny towing story

921500Z71

Reaction score
Just thought i would pass this on because it made me laugh. After throwing a new tune on my buddies truck we went to the bar and shot some pool. Well my buddy started talking to this rancher guy who was braggin about one of those cummin mobiles. He was a little tipsy but said he could tow 16 head of cattle at 1400lbs a piece plus truck and trailer at 70mph and get over 18mpg:rolleyes5:. I almost spit out my beer when i heard this but that would have been silly, after all you cant let good beer go to waste. So that would mean 22,400lbs of cattle atleast a 6,500lb truck and roughly the same for the trailer... something doesnt quite add up :confused:. He must of had one of those tornado things to make his intake air supercharged ):h

We tried telling him that, but he was dead set that our trucks sucked and he could get that mileage out of his dodge... I offered to show him how to hand calculate, but i think he was offended:confused: then he just left the bar):h

I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 with the 24 vlv cummins, 4x4, automatic - and I could get ~18-20mpg on a good day empty or with the bed loaded, but when i was pulling anything - the best i ever saw was maybe 12mpg - and i never had more than 5 tons behind me. Heck - I've gotten better fuel mileage with my 6.5 pulling a jeep on a trailer than I did with the dodge...though I have a 5 sp now that I can't get over 65mpg - so I'm sure that helps...maybe.

Back