• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front axle wiring harness

94blazer

Reaction score
I noticed on the front axle thermal actuator, there seems to be two separate plug ins, I am assuming one is to power the actuator, and the other is to light up the dash light verifying that the front axle engaged?

Cool, so if I am going cable actuated, I can throw all that junk away.

If you go cable actuated, you will replace the thermal actuator with the cable unit. The smaller probe that turns the 4X4 light on will stay in place to turn on the 4X4 light.

If you go cable actuated, you will replace the thermal actuator with the cable unit. The smaller probe that turns the 4X4 light on will stay in place to turn on the 4X4 light.

Absolutly correct ! Done that on my truck and one of the best thing I've done. Great benefit !

Cu,
Sven

I've got a question to add to this. Where is the switch that turns on the 4X4 light on the floor lever? Both bulbs in that console are good, but the light that's supposed to come on when you shift into 4WD will not activate.

Don

After removing the entire harness and tracing it out, it looks like the bulbs on the floor lever are controlled by the switch in the front axle above the actuator.

Assuming mine was wired right to begin with.... the duct tape and cheapo crimps don't look 'factory' to me.

Don,
On the front differential you will find your switch, if the light is not coming on then most likely you have a bad thermal actuator.

Back