• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Factory wire harness needed for mirrors

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a factory wire harness from the factory powered mirrors that would fit the '94-late 90s body style they want to spare? I am in need of the harness, itself, out of both mirrors, as long as it is a 4 wire pigtail on each mirror.

Thats quite a job to pull the needed harness from a donor. May be junkyard time!

Agreed. Really, it could be snipped off the mirror, since I only need the pigtail end. Just figured it might be worth a chance to see if anyone had one sitting around no longer in use, or smashed up. I have a couple calls in to local yards, too.

I used a wire harness out of a 94 Burb to make my harness for my 94 pickup, which happened to not be wired for power mirrors. The mirror wiring is within the main wire harness that goes across under the dash. The only way to access this wire harness is to pull the dash, and strip the wires out of the main harness.

It is a lot of work to get a harness for the mirrors. I did this because I had literally no money for buying new parts, my time was readily available and cheap and I needed something to occupy my time, and junkyard wire harnesses are very cheap if you pull them yourself. I also was being a bit anal about wiring in my new mirrors. I wanted them installed as close to what factory did as possible.

My recommendation would be to go to a junkyard and get the correct pigtails and both door harnesses, and then make your own harness for going across the vehicle. The "new" harness can be run under the carpet, up under the go pedal and heater. For powering the new mirrors I connected to stock locations on the convenience center as near as what I could possibly tell were stock.

I did make a few rough hand drawn diagrams and notes of what I did if you decide to go this route.

By the way, I love this line in your sig line. "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.."

Don

The only portion I'm looking for is the little wire set in the mirrors, themselves. My truck is already equipped with the power mirror option.

Yeah, that's a subject pretty near and dear to my heart - I believe in getting the word out!:thumbsup:

The only portion I'm looking for is the little wire set in the mirrors, themselves. My truck is already equipped with the power mirror option.

Yeah, that's a subject pretty near and dear to my heart - I believe in getting the word out!:thumbsup:

It looks from GM the mirror side connector or harness isn't available separately, but the bodyside connector is used in many applications, including many later-model seat heater systems, so your options for scrounging are better than if you were limited to these bodystyle trucks. Personally I'd check with body shops in your area and see if they have some smashed mirrors you could snag.

Thanks to Leroy's advice, I got this worked out with BigT. Thanks for the tip, though. Might be useful information in the future!

quick update on this. The harnesses I got from BigT do not plug into my harness. Apparently, different years use different 4 wire square ends. I ended up cutting the harness off my factory mirrors. It's not the end of the world, but I never like to cut factory wiring. The good thing is, though, that I just cut the wires on the mirrors, not the truck harness.

Back