• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Stall with Codes

Well its get weirder. I finally had some time to work on it. I did replace the ignition switch last week, but that did not resolve the issue. Here is the weird part. If I shut the front door or hood forcefully but not slamming it, the engine either revs up briefly or stalls. If I slam them it does it also, If I gently shut them no problem. I can slam the rear doors not a problem. My wife got a big kick out of it as she informed me she is never riding in it again as I repeatedly stalled the engine by slamming the door.

I believe I am going to cut the rear grounds and reground on to a more accessible location on the engine.

The force of the door or hood closing harder is making/breaking the electrical connection somewhere. If you get it where it is doing that each time thats actually good-Jiggle wire test to chase it down. Being able to create the electrical misconnection is the hardest thing to do in electrical troubleshooting. Do it now before the friggin wind changes direction and you can't recreate it.

Check the plug to the IAT and Coolant sensors. I've had those break. Pretty easy to cut and splice a new plug on. Rockauto sells repair plugs.

Did you do the LOAD test on the batteries?
Take all the terminal out and brush them clean?
Make sure the threads are still good and making contact.

Saying it is 1.5 years matched is not part of diagnosis.
I have seen batteries going out in less than a week.

Things may look clean from the top but when you take it out, it may be corroded inside the rubber/plastic.

well I found and can replicate the problem. Where the wiring comes through the firewall to the PCM I can squeeze them and cause the engine to stall, but only after about 30 minutes after the engine is good and hot. Any tips on how to troubleshoot or help figure out which one(s) it is and best way to fix. Tomorrow night i will try and figure out which one it is

Is the wiring harness availble to replace? is it a PITA?

Right where you can squeeze them and cause the problem, carefully cut open the harness and inspect each wire. I suspect you will find a couple wires that are making connection with each other, or with the firewall. Little bit of wire and some connectors might get you going. Otherwise solder in the section of wire and heat shrink it. Make sure you disconnect the batteries before the repair.

Replacing the harness with a brand new one would be the best fix, but a pain imo.

If there is a tron expert that knows messing with the resistance will cause a problem, please speak up. afaik it should be ok to repair.

Back