• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine dressing

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
a grey & black engine is more than common. How is your engine dressed?

Mine is red & black (will post pics ASAP). Would you mind posting a pic of yours?

I remember I saw a beauty dressed in yellow in black, but can't remeber who's engine it is.

Here's my K-5.

K-5 Engine 1.jpg

K-5 Engine 2.jpg

K5 engine 3.jpg

I've painted stuff as it's been removed, but eventually the entire engine will be alpine green.

Ratman had it before me and helped with my deciding factor of it. IIRC Missy had it before me too. I did CAT yellow from Eastwood along with black accenting, ie: valve covers, oil pan, ect.

SADLY, today it looks nothing like it used too.. CNY salt had already beat the snot out of it... All my hard work down the tube...

Depressing going back and looking at my photos just how nice it turned out..
I don't have any pics set aside on my work 'puter but i will include the thread.

Here is my build thread:
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?11133-Resurecting-New-Engine

Painting the engine starts at post 99..

Clean and shiny Dave ;)

Wow.....Looks awesome Dave.

Thank you guys. :D

All that work was done over the summer of 2011, starting in May when the throwout bearing failed and i had to rip the transmission out after installing it during the conversion in nov/dec 2009.

I figured that it would be the perfect time to do the turbo conversion while the trans/t-case and driveshafts were out. Had a ton of room to run the home made exhaust and re-do the fuel system.

It's a pain to keep clean sometimes as i drive it basically every day, but as long as i can catch any leaks right when they start the paint holds up very well. Clear coating the parts after a few coats of Alpine Green did wonders for the durability of the paint too. Not to mention the engine/chrome practically shines in the sunlight. :D

I have to start cleaning up the other trucks engine. It was clean for almost 200K, but not as clean as the K-5s engine.

Ratman had it before me and helped with my deciding factor of it. IIRC Missy had it before me too. I did CAT yellow from Eastwood along with black accenting, ie: valve covers, oil pan, ect.

SADLY, today it looks nothing like it used too.. CNY salt had already beat the snot out of it... All my hard work down the tube...

Depressing going back and looking at my photos just how nice it turned out..
I don't have any pics set aside on my work 'puter but i will include the thread.

Here is my build thread:
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?11133-Resurecting-New-Engine

Painting the engine starts at post 99..

Thanks for the link DieselSlug, sorry the salt is ruining your nice job.

From my own, I think I will have the valve covers painted in yellow too.

Black as Coal.

(free paint) :thumbsup:

It should be Red since it's an '82 6.2..

The valve cover lacked the stamped in 'GM', so I improvised. I was in a mad dash to get 'er running again, could care less WHAT color it ended up..
DSC02225.jpgDSC02264.jpgDSC02224.jpg

Paveltoz has requested some wierd color on his engine being built, but I can't remember exactly what color he said. So I will just "brush" on some Cat Yellow and Detroit Diesel Green real thick!

Here is mine, Alpine green with Hammertone valve covers, intake, turbo, etc.

GEPReadytoInstall4.jpg

Sub070411-001.jpg

Anybody find this odd? I noticed this when I first started messing around with these engines. (lines showing angle)

Gotta keep those floats nice and level... :hihi:

GEPReadytoInstall.jpg

Paveltoz has requested some wierd color on his engine being built, but I can't remember exactly what color he said. So I will just "brush" on some Cat Yellow and Detroit Diesel Green real thick!

Bank regrets to inform you the last check for the motor has been canceled by the issuer. Your account has been debited accordingly and the purchase price of your blow up doll subscription has resulted in a series of bounced checks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In all seriousness, I know a guy in Granite Falls that has a good line on a supplier that could get you 32 cans of spray paint....

Back