• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electrical Problems?

03duramax

Reaction score
I was drivin my truck around town the other night and all of the sudden it started to lose power. I looked at the dash and it said battery not charging. I pulled over and started it right back up. its been fine since then but i'm not sure what the deal is. I'm thinkin it might have to do with it bein so cold up here in northwest Nebraska but who knows. Any input?

I was drivin my truck around town the other night and all of the sudden it started to lose power. I looked at the dash and it said battery not charging. I pulled over and started it right back up. its been fine since then but i'm not sure what the deal is. I'm thinkin it might have to do with it bein so cold up here in northwest Nebraska but who knows. Any input?

My bet your battery's need replacing. How old are the current ones? The cold winters you guys have doesn't help them.

X2 what Jeff said. Also make sure that your battery cables are good and tight. Loose connections can cause some strange problems.

6 year old truck, probably batteries need replacement, maybe you can wait but I would just do it for cheap insurance.

You may have an intermittent short in one of the batteries. I had that, they would be fine and then out of the blue they would die. My guess was sulfer build up shorting a couple cells. My pass side would drain my drivers side battery down. Either way, if they are 6 years old it's a good time to replace them anyways.

if you have the factory batteries, they have issues. The posts inside fall apart, thus no more charging. go get new ones.

Back