• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

efi live ?

boccheballs

Reaction score
I am new to efi and really just messing around trying to learn the software and how to change things on a small scale. My question is i have a dsp5 tune from a very good tuner installed on my truck and everything runs great, but #5 is maybe a little hot. My set up is
stock
so if i open the tune tool and load that dsp file i go over and open the custom calibrations and go to folder 4 which is my pos.#5. That displys about 15 items that have been changed from the base tune. If i double click one at a time and change all the tables (ALL NUMBERS) by -10% and then save tuning file as a new name, would that be the proper way to drop the power level a little bit? And then what is considered a drastic change on something like that,10% 15% 20%???
Thanks
brian

Main Injection Pulse and timing is your biggest power maker. Glace between the tunes in each folder and look at the differences, that will tell you want needs to be down to lower (or up) the power. Specifically the Timing B table and Main Injection Pulse table.

Guys,

I am going to buy an EFI live scantool for my truck. I sold my edge. Where is the best place to start looking? Vendors on here? Does they all cost about the same anywhere I look?? Can I tune anybody's truck with it when i have it or am i limited to one or two??

Pricing is Pretty standardized...

but Shoot Ripmf666 (Henry) a PM... he may be able to hook you up...

If not, then you could try Guy at SoCalDiesel...

you can only tune two vins but you can scan, read, log and reset codes on as many vins as you'd like...

I would recommend someone who can provide tunes and support with the purchase. Pretty standard pricing.

Guys,

I am going to buy an EFI live scantool for my truck. I sold my edge. Where is the best place to start looking? Vendors on here? Does they all cost about the same anywhere I look?? Can I tune anybody's truck with it when i have it or am i limited to one or two??

MOST vendors will be around $750-800 for one, and it will come with 2 VIN licenses when you purchase it. You can buy more VIN licenses for it for $99 from EFILIVE or most vendors to get up to a total of 255 VIN's on it I believe. Many vendors will include a tune or 2 with it when you buy it, but try and find a vendor who can help you out with tech help. There are vendors out there that sell them cheaper, but include no tech with the purchase, and some vendors will sell you one and say they will give you a tune and not follow through with it. And if it is for the 03 in your sig, I'd be more than happy to help you with what I know about tuning them.

MOST vendors will be around $750-800 for one, and it will come with 2 VIN licenses when you purchase it. You can buy more VIN licenses for it for $99 from EFILIVE or most vendors to get up to a total of 255 VIN's on it I believe. Many vendors will include a tune or 2 with it when you buy it, but try and find a vendor who can help you out with tech help. There are vendors out there that sell them cheaper, but include no tech with the purchase, and some vendors will sell you one and say they will give you a tune and not follow through with it. And if it is for the 03 in your sig, I'd be more than happy to help you with what I know about tuning them.

That's what it's all about right there! :thumbsup:

Diesel enthusiasts helping out other diesel enthusiasts! ;) Nice Ferm! :thumbsup:

Back