• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EFI Live has arrived!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Recieved my EFILive from Jim @ Upstate Diesel today. So far I have my stock file read and saved to my computer.

This looks awsome, I have alot to learn as I can see. But, it will be intereseting along the way.

Anyone know what it requires to actually have the dashboard readout work? Mine doesn't move.

And you already couldnt figure it out. haha.

For the dashboard you need to create it yourself or load the Duramax dashboard if you have it.

Then you have to connect the scan tool to your truck. Its the little green button in the top right of the screen. Then it should work.

You have my number if you need some help. This one I know I can help you on unlike the last one where I just had the magic touch. haha.

Thanks Vinny. Let me go give it a try. I'm just in need of some tunes. I might copy the canned tune I have for giggles...:D

DT jimmy has a nice tune hes running now, just pm him he will email it to you, i think we are gonna use this as a starter tune, with all of them we sell, its pretty good tune, something like 90hp but it hauls the mail.!!!

DT jimmy has a nice tune hes running now, just pm him he will email it to you, i think we are gonna use this as a starter tune, with all of them we sell, its pretty good tune, something like 90hp but it hauls the mail.!!!

Thanks,

I've done PM'ed him about it. Hes just not visited DieselHaulin.com today..:D

EFI Live is great, don't get my wrong, but I like HP tuners...but thats what I have experience with so I'm also a little biased...anyone on here run it?

I'd have to say go with EFI live because its being sold by a supporting vendor and everything I hear its very comparable to what I am used to using (HP Tuners)...No Need to hang out and wait for people to give feedback, its been being testing and played with forever and a day.

The Dashboard still doesn't work for me. I did upload the Duramax Dashboard thats included in the files.

I'll be uploading my first tune in a little while.

not sure on the dash board, never did try and figure it out. but have fun with the tunes you build. small changes are best until you learn it all.

I'm trying to copy a tune from the truck and i'm getting a invaild checksum errror message right after the file completes download. It says "this file cannot be reflashed into the PCM".

does it have the same operating system as your truck if not you will have to copy the tables and put them into yours. also w/hp tuners last i heard you cant actually shut off the regens just delete the codes. efi you can shut the regens off and the codes, but thats what i heard a while ago!!:beer:

does it have the same operating system as your truck if not you will have to copy the tables and put them into yours. also w/hp tuners last i heard you cant actually shut off the regens just delete the codes. efi you can shut the regens off and the codes, but thats what i heard a while ago!!:beer:

It is my truck..:p

I'm trying to copy a tune from it...

it cant be reflashed well doesnt that mean your trying to put it back into the truck, are you hitting the red or green arrow? if the green arrow then:noidea:maybe try and unhook everything and start from scratch!

it cant be reflashed well doesnt that mean your trying to put it back into the truck, are you hitting the red or green arrow? if the green arrow then:noidea:maybe try and unhook everything and start from scratch!

Its flashing fine. I was actually trying to "copy" a current tune I have. But, it isn't working out..:doh:

ok im lost here, a: are you trying to copy from the truck to the laptop or b:make a copy of a copy.:doh::D you are hitting the green button right

ok im lost here, a: are you trying to copy from the truck to the laptop or b:make a copy of a copy.:doh::D

Trying to copy a tune from the truck...A bullydog tune that I have loaded.

Back