• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ebay PMD Kits

NickBarrFishing.com

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was looking on Ebay, is there a good source on Ebay for PMD Kits or should I just stick with the main guys?? Heath, Kennedy??

I am in High School and doing the "Budget" Diesel stuff right now, so I am trying to save the $$, but I would rather buy something that works.

Thanks,
Nick

PMD cable .com sells kits and is a site sponser. 7 year warrenty available.

Site sponsors keep the site going...If not I got one from Accurate diesel. Do a search for Edam on this site before buying from ebay. If you are on a budget poke around the classifieds or post looking for a used one. IMHO the only way to buy a used one is from a trusted member who might have done a powertrain swap. That is where I got one form when I was short on dough.

X2 on the member's only used PMD. then maybe the heatsink kit and extension wire I pointed you to in the PM. That would be the lowest cost way. If you got cash in paypal, and want to use that and buy on ebay a whole kit,, Harness PMD and heatsink, I would suggest this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Remo...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27ad373982

or search thru here to find a site vendor and check pricing there. make sure you tell them you found them thru Our web site.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138

and read here to watch out for this on ebay:
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14758&highlight=edam

If you want to save money DO NOT buy a used PMD. It will bite you in the end, and then cost you more monry for a new one. I put together a kit because i couldnt afford a rtr kit. I bought a heatsink on ebay for 25, a 6 foot extension harness off ebay for 30, and my new stanadyne PMD from a local stanadyne dealer (i paid cash so he knocked 20% off) 200 bucks. And when you get a new PMD it will NOT have a resistor in the plug, which is needed or it will fry in minutes. Ive done that with the used unit i bought the first time. Take the resistor out of your old one and put it in your new one.

It will fry in minutes??? IDK about that...

Bill

Alright i really dont know how quick it will, i just know it WILL. Ive done it! PMD and heat dont go together, and without a resistor it will build up more internal heat from a different signal. Just dont wanyt anyone else to go through it either...

I dont have any resister in my PMD in my truck for 45k, i thought it just defaulted back to the 5 or 1 or something?

i ran without a resistor for about a month no problems on a 6ft extension with a custom cooler. i would get one though, for the price....they are dirt cheap

I've never run mine without the resistor, but everything I've read says the PCM will just read it as a #1 resistor it's not there.

Back