• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

duramaxtuner

hillbillybill

Reaction score
I have efi live by duramaxtuner.com but I would like a smoke tune. Is there anything I can do to add one without starting over without all new tuning?

Your not going to get much help on smoke tunes on most forums anymore. Smoke tunes have brought us DPF's, DEF, EGR, and so on and so on that MANY of us HATE! Smoke tunes serve zero purpose anymore except to bring negative attention to the performance diesel community, and more regulations and pollution controls to furthur limit diesel engines.

Aw! I think you guys hurt his fillers, and he took his ball home with him. We all made mistakes when young, and if YOU didn't, ya missed out. Mine had to do with dirt bikes and cops that couldn't quite keep up...

Or junior was an EPA troll... Ours wouldn't be the first forum that happened to.

Oh, and Marty, 'like oh wow man...':cigar:

It has been said the quickest and easiest way to make your truck roll coal, is to light a tire in the back of your truck. Then you will bellow out that THICK BLACK smoke NO PROBLEM. But seriously, those of us who have been doing this awhile are tired of smoke tunes and rolling coal. We have seen what this irresponsable behavior has brought us, and were not happy about it.

An EPA troll? So could the site get a fine or something if someone went "like yeah I can do it, $50, email me at blah blah"? Or do you think they are trying to track down the tuners doing it? I would think all they have to do is label up "not for highway use- track only" and couldn't be touched.

I'm old enough to remember seeing the Las Vegas valley covered in smog before the smog laws hit, and am not found of it from before the diesel became a popular hot rod. Not a fan of rolling coal.

The EPA boldly requested membership on another site a year or so ago. Around that time some pretty suspicious posts showed up looking for coal rolling tunes. There would be a couple of posts and a ton of bashing and the original poster would go away. We've been alot more kind here than elsewhere but the opinion is still a FIRM 'no smoke tunes endorsed' here. If the OP wants to come back and talk Duramax we're right here with open minds and ready to help.

Somewhere when you join up or a sign somewhere with text: "This is a no smoking forum." :cigar: ---> :drowning:

An EPA troll? So could the site get a fine or something if someone went "like yeah I can do it, $50, email me at blah blah"? Or do you think they are trying to track down the tuners doing it? I would think all they have to do is label up "not for highway use- track only" and couldn't be touched.

I'm old enough to remember seeing the Las Vegas valley covered in smog before the smog laws hit, and am not found of it from before the diesel became a popular hot rod. Not a fan of rolling coal.
Unfortunately there are still a few tuners out there making smoke tunes, and the EPA is tring to sniff them out in ways just like above. A new poster shows up, there 1st post asking about rolling coal/smoke tunes, and then they wait for PM's or responses telling them where to get one or if somebody will make one. This is what EDGE did to several others when the EPA came down on them. They got hit with a 500 million dollar fine, but it got plead down to $500K because they ratted out others in the industry. The EPA has taken the stance that offroad use no longer exempts you from meeting emissions either, so offroad only, or non highway use vehicles doesn't change the law about altering emissions equipment anymore. ALL of the previous batch of tunes to delete or defeat emissions controlled ALL had waivers, disclaimers, and many even required signed notorized forms on file to unlock, yet the EPA went after the tuner instead of the end user who violated the law. About the only acceptable way to defeat emissions controls is for a dedicated race vehicle with paperwork to prove it.

It also seems odd he came here asking about adding a smoke tune when his tuner is VERY adament about staying emissions intact with his tuning now. Once upon a time DURAMAXTUNER did offer delete tunes, but even then his tunes weren't smokey. He's always been a clean tuner for the most part, and has gone to the next level now with leavving DPF's and all that on. He's also the tuner who has kept an emissions intact LML with twin turbos shooting for a smokeless 600+HP out of it emissions legal.

Aw! I think you guys hurt his fillers, and he took his ball home with him. We all made mistakes when young, and if YOU didn't, ya missed out. Mine had to do with dirt bikes and cops that couldn't quite keep up...
My cousin got nabbed a couple times on a dirt bike. He was hiding under a bridge in the middle of nowhere.

After a long while he heard a vehicle park on the bridge. After another period of time, the cop leaned over and looked under the bridge and said hello.

Back