• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax Battery Cables

I'd be interested in seeing one...

I'm in the process of a rebuild on my other motor...

but my battery cables are already a little custom...I am using heavy gauge side terminals with the center screw taken out to go on marine battery screw on(wing nut) terminals...

Would these be from the Junction Box to the Batteries, or do they Include the Alternator Charge Wire as well?

I'd be Interested to See the Final Product.

I have an HO Alternator I wanna Put On, and all Charge / Battery Wires need to be Upgraded.

I'd be Interested to See the Final Product.

I have an HO Alternator I wanna Put On, and all Charge / Battery Wires need to be Upgraded.

I am measuring up a 04 2500 Duramax Tomorrow to see whats involved I hope to have a Prototype set done in a week and will post Pics

Could you explain what advantages over the stock cables would be. Electrical issues are not my specialty. Thank you.

Less drop over the circuits. The main reason to use them would be for a large audio setup, or some other big electrical draw item.

The cables on my 2006 are not adequate? Do they need to be bigger or thicker? Or made of a different material? I know the 6.2/6.5 trucks had a few issues, thus the cable upgrades, but I was not aware of the same issues with the Duramax.

There's gotta be something "Up" with the OE Battery Cables.

Back when i had my Avalanche, I had the Headlamp / Dash Light Flicker Issue (don't remember if I had it in the Duramax) and my Sis's Trailblazer has it also. Google it, and you'll Find 1000's of Complaints about it.

I Upgraded all the Battery Cables to 4ga or Bigger, and the Flicker Problem completely went away.

Back