• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dun think the injectors went. again

:iamwithstupid: although not stupid at all, it the closest thing i could find :D ive heard enough to know to stay away from pensicola

so i was able to pull a coupla codes from the truck today. a P0202, #2 injections system stuck open, and a P1262. i thought we had a code look-up thread on here? cant find it. anybody know what it is? the scan tool i had only did gas motors, so the only options i had were for the 8.1

P0202 means that the PCM detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. It monitors the injector and when the injector is activated, the PCM expects to see the voltage pulled "low" or close to zero. When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close to battery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code. The PCM also monitors resitance in the circuit. If the resistance is excessively low or high it will set this code.

parts scheduled to be in on thursday, truck being moved to garage tomorrow. prolly take some pics, cause im gonna overkill on the transport..... :D

transport was a success, pics still upcoming. squirters came in today. goin to town on it sunday
big time thanks to Pepp. i was very suprised when i oppened the boxes. look like they came from the factory!! copper washer an rubbers too. very, very pleased

F. M. L. so get this, somehow, the injector hold down bolt snapped in the head, causing it to rocket upwards (comression) multiple times into the valve cover, causing it to crack, you can see the pins from where the wires connect to it in the cover. thats why the vc is covered in oil..... and, the banjo bolt for the return line to that injector was snapped in the injector. found the head to the hold down bolt at the bottom of the valves, but the banjo bolt is mia thus far.

anybody wanna buy a junk 02 or trade for an LBZ? im tired of this gigantor POS

Which head is it?

If it is damaged, I have a set of heads here one(DS) with a replaced valve seat from burning a hole in the valve...I wouldn't race with it but for a daily driver it should be ok...but if it is the PS that one is still untouched...LMK

F. M. L. so get this, somehow, the injector hold down bolt snapped in the head, causing it to rocket upwards (comression) multiple times into the valve cover, causing it to crack, you can see the pins from where the wires connect to it in the cover. thats why the vc is covered in oil..... and, the banjo bolt for the return line to that injector was snapped in the injector. found the head to the hold down bolt at the bottom of the valves, but the banjo bolt is mia thus far.

anybody wanna buy a junk 02 or trade for an LBZ? im tired of this gigantor POS

Sounds like somebody replaced the injectors before and overtorqued the hold down bolts.

thanks Pepp. it is the ds, but hoping to have it just back right out for me today.
hmmmm, it snapped right where the threads stop toward the head of the bolt. theres about 1/4" of bolt still sticking up outta the head...... c'mon, work with me!!!! please? haha

mmmm, bologna an fresh tomato sandwich... what a great lunch
so the hold down bolt came right out, and so did 2 of the injector cups :mad2: now for the easier yet harder side. more crap to move, but better access once gone. pics of the carnage to follow when all back together

passenger side went very easily. nothing broken, no cups out of the head. very satisfied with that. uploading pics as i type, prolly gonna end up in an album, then visable from a link.

Back