• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dually questions

gardnerteam

Cantankerous Old Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I have had 5 4X4 1 ton duallys through 1994, then switched to SRW 4X4 for use in Mexico and Guatemala where duallys would not go where I needed, and have gone through 5 of those. Now, with that behind me, considereing going back to dually as 70 of my use is towing collector and classic cars.

The questions apply to a 2007 D/A 1 Ton 4X4 dually CLASSIC LBZ:
1. Is the 8 lug pattern the same as SRW and has anyone ever tired to put the standard 8 lug SRW wheel over front and rear dually hubs and going SRW in the rear. If I can do that, I can put my Rickson 19.5 on when I go to Mexico on rare occasion and be a SRW for that short period of time. ANybody know the answer?
2. Other than hubs and possible brakes on the front, are all the steering parts the same, thus I can use my tierod sleeves and my cognito brace off the 06 SRW on the 07 dually?

The SRW cover will not go over the front wheels. On the back they stick in so a cover like that would look funny.

Could care less about looks and covers. Just need to know if it would fit and work. Safe enough as tires are 14 ply 19.5 and heavier than anything on a dually, looks don't matter for a 3,000 mile trip into Mexico, and the rims would be Rickson, which are heavy. Not towing then. So is the answer YEs, will fit, but not caps, will look funny?

I would think so. I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer until you try it, but I can't see why it wouldn't fit as long as you didn't care how it looked.

The only other thing would be you would have to pull the front hub spacers off of the dually front end to tuck the tires in the fenders, brakes should clear with no problems.

I don't know the hub face to hub face width on the dually rear end, it has to be close to a SRW dimension, but wouldn't the overhanging dually fenders negate the purpose of you wanting to go narrower with the SRW setup to clear obstacles. Now if you had a flatbed or SRW bed hanging around, problem solved.

The rest of the steering parts are the same.

Back