• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

doing the injectors

I would totally agree with chris on buying the socket. I have the regular one and I would be faster with the better one, mainly for the ability to use a wrench on the top.

The #2 was a bitch, #4 was worse. I dropped the wheel well and the down pipe, turbo bolts were tough, so I started working. I dropped the oil return line on the turbo and could do the #2. If I had the real socket, I could have done it from the top. The #4 I could have done from the top with the correct socket, but getting the fuel line on was a bitch. No clue how I would have done that from the top, as my nipple ended up top and bottom instead of right and left. Oh and I just rip the lines off and the socket fits fine over any remaining stubs of line. So glad I am not having to put clamps back on. No clue how you would do that!

Tomorrow I will do the 6 and 8. Both are very exposed, so I expect no issues.

My copper washers are TIGHT on the injectors, so no worries on them falling off.

All in all, I worked slow, but it is totally doable if you are patient. I am using a deep well 30mm socket, 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor, short ext, long ext and a universal joint. And a cheater bar. I can only get 2 to 3 hours stretches in my schedule, but the job is understandable and enjoyable for the most part. I feel like it will be a HUGE improvement for the engine. I will lay money my injectors are stock.

What bracket is this? I will have to look.

Sorry I missed this question. Bracket on the back of the starter that stabalizes it. Attached to the engine block. Not a beefy looking thing but there are more than a couple of threads on the downside of this thing going AWOL.

No update yet. I have been out of town and not driving the beast much. I hooked up my egt while doing this and it is looking good. Truck seems to drive better on the top end... acceleration from 55 up is a lot quicker to me seat of pants.

We will see on the fuel mileage.

I will say, I did the battery posts. Just threw on stainless nuts and bolts from Home Despot. Holy Crap! Thing started so fast! It did fine before, never felt like it was struggling, but now it just fires!

I will post up the mileage after a tank.

Back