• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel power mag w/ 6.2/6.5 in it

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
any one get the may issue of Diesel Power they actually talked about how to make reasonable and reliable power on different budgets from 1500 all the to 9000! crazy! im not a subscriber was just fliping through my buddies and saw that, all the issues iv looked at befor have never realy said any thing about them, it even had a little praise for them that they are cheap to work on and readily availible.

Read the article the other day at Barnes & Noble. Yes, I'm that cheap. Not much there that any member of this site probably does not already know (if you have been here for more than 6 months). Mostly a list of bolt on things and where to get them. Not a real in depth how-to-article. The one part that did catch my eye was the mention of a supercharged (not turbocharged) 6.5 from a company called MarineDiesel of Sweden. They apparently have a factory in Stillwater, OK where they make these motors for us marine applications. From what I have read, they take an Optomizer motor and get some sick HP out of it. Read an article from 2007 http://flashoffroad.com/Diesel/supercharger/supercharge.html which was a how to on putting their supercharger on a hummer. In that article there is mention of a 400 HP show truck (yeah, I know, Santa uses it). The Diesel Power articles shows the complete supercharged motor as costing something under three grand. Have not been able to find out where to buy one though. I would pay three thousand for a drop in optomizer with a supercharger though. Probably be in a long line of other people doing the same thing.

Anyone have any links or info on where to find a seller for this mythical motor????

The Diesel Power articles shows the complete supercharged motor as costing something under three grand. Have not been able to find out where to buy one though. I would pay three thousand for a drop in optomizer with a supercharger

They mean the "SuperCharger" cost $3,000 ):h

Back