• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Debadging Truck

I used a hair dryer and fishing line to get the badges off.
Some of the badges just pulled off.
I used the blow dryer to take the stickers off and used 3m adhesive remover to finish it off.
Buffed and waxed, looks like new.

If you try to remove the chevy emblem on the new trucks on the tailgate, man your in for a job. That damn thing is really stuck on there. Broke every test line I had in my fishing box. I had to use some mig welder wire to cut through it. Man what a pain in the ass. the other decals come off easier than the old style ones did they are all separate letters now.

I know its an old thread. But I have a similar question regarding debadging my truck.

Its an 06, so its about 5 years old. Its white, and I want to take the 3500 badges off the doors but im afraid it may show since it is about 5 years old. Anyone have experience debadging a 5+ yr old white truck?
I have a spot on my hood that needs repainting so i may debadge it first and if it shows, then have the shop fix the hood and the door at the same time.

Thanks.. i'll give it a shot this week. If it gets too bad then ill just have the body shop work their magic on it when I get the hood repainted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough, I am looking to take of the side moldings on my 06 Duramax. They are terribly faded and look bad. I guess I will wait until; it is warmer and use the fishing line trick.

I am thinking I will add a stainless type of side molding back on to it though.

Back