• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Debadging Truck

duramaxxin73

Recruit
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had ever debadged their truck? How do you do it? Do you have to repaint the surface after you get the badge off?

i see you have a black truck, how old is it??? it seems like black has to be done when new or that s#$t come off to easy. i used a little heat to soften the glue and piano wire right behind the badge. then use a 3m adhesive remover for the rest. then buff it out nice and shiny

I used a hairdryer to heat it up and some fishing line and sawed through it. I used a little mineral spirits to clean mine up after that. Takes a little time, just be paitent.;)

i see you have a black truck, how old is it??? it seems like black has to be done when new or that s#$t come off to easy. i used a little heat to soften the glue and piano wire right behind the badge. then use a 3m adhesive remover for the rest. then buff it out nice and shiny

X2 it's a little work but look's great when it's done.

Just becareful, if the existing paint is a little faded you might beable to tell where the badging is.

I had the old ones taken off and the 08's put on last time my truck was in for an oil change. Dealer charged me $70.00 but buffed the entire tailgate and the two front doors to get the old stuff off. When it comes to paint, I leave it to the pros.

X2 On The Fishing Line That Way You Won't Wreck The Badges Or Paint. Then Some 3m Adhesive Remover Then Some Hand Compond To Shine.

Jim

im gonna be doing this soon ill let you guys know how it goes. Im taking everything off the tailgate and taking the 2500hd off the door and leaving the duramax badge. what do you think?

im gonna be doing this soon ill let you guys know how it goes. Im taking everything off the tailgate and taking the 2500hd off the door and leaving the duramax badge. what do you think?

I did that. I changed the emblems on the door and the tailgate.

I used the sun to heat it up :p then used some fishing line and goo be gone. worked really well

Best advice is wait till summer, 70*+ which it should be by you now. I did mine in november, not a good idea.

I used a hair dryer to heat them up and fishing line to get them off. The 2500HD badges were stubborn so I had to use a scraper to get behind them. It did scuff the clear coat but I was able to get the scuffs out with scratch remover for the most part.

I replaced my Duramax badges with D/A badges.

Best advice is get a 3M eraser wheel. I had huge blisters on 5 of my fingers from rubbing that crap off.

The SLE/SLT/LS/LT badges just peel off nice and easy.

A good coat of way and buffing and it should look good as new.

X2, the eraser wheels work the best. I use an eraser wheel and Acrysol body solvent to get that emblem tape off.

I had the old ones taken off and the 08's put on last time my truck was in for an oil change. Dealer charged me $70.00 but buffed the entire tailgate and the two front doors to get the old stuff off. When it comes to paint, I leave it to the pros.

I didn't know the dealer would do that for you. That's cool though.

DIY...forget the dealer. The eraser wheel is the shiznit!!!! Hair Dryer, fishing line, Goo Gone and an eraser wheel...wash and wax when your done and it will look tits!!! and cost about $25.00 and an hour or so of your time

DIY...forget the dealer. The eraser wheel is the shiznit!!!! Hair Dryer, fishing line, Goo Gone and an eraser wheel...wash and wax when your done and it will look tits!!! and cost about $25.00 and an hour or so of your time
Oh I would DIY, I was just saying that I didn't know that the dealer would do something like that. I'm still up in the air if I want to debadge the truck of everything except the Dmax badge or if I go with the NBS 2500HD badges.

I think they like how the new one's look. Sorry about how dirty the Silverado looks, I was in a hurry but you get the idea.

Oh I would DIY, I was just saying that I didn't know that the dealer would do something like that. I'm still up in the air if I want to debadge the truck of everything except the Dmax badge or if I go with the NBS 2500HD badges.

Any dealer that has an on site Detail Shop can handle it. I would DIY as well but I was already there and they had the badges in stock so I told them to go for it.

Thats not a bad deal at all.

Just my D/A badges cost $40 and I had to install them.

Back