• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CS-130 -> CS144 Install

Fair enough...Did you just happen to have a spare complete donor truck/drive-train laying around, or.....How did that come to be?

Now after you know the time, labor and obstacles involved with such a project.....What dollar amount would it take to duplicate that build?

Also, after the "DURABURB" has had it's 2 year birthday, what kind of problems have you had (if any) besides the regular/common 6.6 (is it?) issues.....(build tweaks)?

Lastly, would you have done anything different now that "you know?"

If I had it to do over again I would NOT do it. It was just way to much time and trouble figuring it all out and working the ghosts out of it. I'm still to this day trying to get the trans right as it has fought tooth and nail trying to get all of the shifts consistent in it(but the problem I'm having is something I think the donor truck had and he just never noticed it). I don't want to talk dollar amounts as it would probobaly send me into the nuthouse to think of how much money I have sunk into it. The donor truck was found on craigslist. Honestly I wish now I would have just done an 18:1 6.5 with an ATT and built up my 4L80E and kept it that way. It wouldn't have been a one off, but I would have had ALOT less long run trouble I think.

And can you post a step-by-step Duraburb conversion with pics? Pretty please!

I did a pretty good write up in the conversion section on it when I built it up.

Colby pointed out the bracket and what needs to be done. Now with the pictures it makes sense. He wants to buy an extra bracket before he cuts the original, just so it can be restored to the stock alternator. As he said, guys are always blowing up and parting 6.5 TDs around here, so it should not be long before one is available.

Back