• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Correct Tire Pressure

Hi all,

I must be a bit older than most of you, as I go back to the days of using chalk.

Load up your vehicle how you plan to travel; air up to the tire specs; run a chalk line across each tire; then drive straight down the block.

Stop, and check for what's left of the chalk line. Air up or down, to get an even "wear off" of the chalk line. Then record those pressures for future reference. By getting the chalk to wear off evenly, you have the tread as flat to the road as possible, and hence the best pressure for for the load.

At least that's the way it has seemed to work for me for the last 50yrs.

Harold

yup...I posted that in post #17

Hi Tank,

Sorry, I did not read all the way thru your "Library". My eyes must have glazed over from being on the computer too long today.

A nice job you've done here.

Harold

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I have load range "E" tires also and the door sticker says 55 front, 80 rear. I found my mileage getting ever lower so I put 75 in the front and 70 in the rear unless the goose neck is on it, then 80 in the rear. It rides a little stiff, but I'm used to a Z-28 and my old '79 K 10 with log wagon springs under both ends. The '07 rides like a caddy compared to the old truck. Mike

Back