• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

conversion help please, any thoughts?

demax

Reaction score
i have the truck running with the new allison behind it after converting it from 4l80e to the 6spd ally. the only problem is low range, my transfer case is 1.98:1 and i changed this in the tcm already. i have no problems in the forward direction and everything works fine, reverse is a different problem. if i put the tranny in reverse and i apply no accelerator the tranny trips to neutral after about 10ft, moving it back to neutral and back to reverse it will do the same thing again after 10ft. Now here is the confusing part, if i put it in reverse and slightly touch the accelerator between 800 to 1000 rpm it holds fine and stays in reverse or if you hold the brake and apply resistance in reverse without pushing the accelerator it will not trip. i have none of these problems in 4low forward or in 2hi. i even tried changing the ratio in the tcm every .02 incréments up and down but at 2.06:1 it kills forward direction 4low. and 1.96:1 kills forward also. other than the 4low reverse problem the tranny upgrade is working fine. Does anyone have a possible idea what my be going on, i am all out of them, btw it has a new tcase vss. for some reason it is torque sensative but only in 4low reverse? I am wondering if there is something else efilive cannot see in the programming end of things for a ratio change in the transfercase. just a guess cause everthing else is fine in 2hi and 4low forward, which would eliminate the tone wheel and vss on the transfercase.
91 crew cab 4x4 conversion, engine 06 lbz c/w 6spd allison, twin walbro 75gph fuel pumps @ 9psi, blocker plate, efilive, s&b air filter, remote pcv separator, hydac 3 micron beta fuel filter and bypass engine oil filter, autometer pyro, rpm, boost, vacuum, temp, volt, and oil pressure gauges, custom welded stainless 4" exhaust c/w aeroturbine muffler, no cat, custom 3" polished stainless one pce intercooler tubing, 7" lift, 35" tires, np205 conversion, differential lockers, EFILive, Ultra lite Autometer

this might be a question for mike L or Big Dipper they are the tranny people I would ask something like this.

Back