• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Confused with Speed?

So my only question would be is if you have them plugged in backwards? I suppose you tried switching them before though, and it doesnt look like an easy transistion back to just running one of them. If you can I would just run the stock one alone.

Although the jumpers are a little off it should only read like 5mph slow. Unless the GV unit somehow is doing something wrong because of it.

They will need a different divisor because the gear vendors essentially acts like a rear gear ratio change as it relates to the PCM/speedo. Like 2.91 vs 4.10

I suspect something wrong in the GV unit.

Based on the photos and a short discussion with GV's today... I suspect a GV installation wiring problem. Apparently, the stock vssb is only used to make the 4L80E work. Pin #15 has to be removed from the stock vssb and connected to the GV vssb. Also, if you have anti-lock brakes, pin #10 must also be removed from stock vssb and moved to the GV vssb. I was mistaken in thinking they were switching from one to the other. So, the fella who installed my GV may have made a mistake? I guess there is a GV wire diagram that came with it, if I got that back from the installer, I'll study and share. Up till now I've just been digging thru the manual without learning much. This may just be another "Mr. Obvious" show. I hope so! Perhaps the photos above show too many wires to the stock vssb and not enough wires to the GV vssb. Stay tuned, I think the "mettling kids" may have this crime solved???

I guess if you want it done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself. Now the speedo and anti-lock brakes are sorted out. Still don't have cruise or tcc lockup. Hopefully we can sort that out this weekend. I'm excited to get another set of wheels on the road.

Back