• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

comanded frp versus actuall frp

1chevy02

Reaction score
im running a 150 maybe 200ish tune and at wot around 85mph when i get it in 5th gear and locked my commanded frp will be around 27000 and my actuall about 18-19000 with a 100 horse tune its more like 23000 comanded and 18000 actual is a lift pump gonna help that a lot or is my cp3 going for a tail spin cuz i can hardly blow any smoke any more

A lift pump definately won't hurt. You also want to take into account how long your fuel filter has been on there, when they start to get restrictive you will deffinately see decreased performance.

if you dont have a lift pump already it will definately help the situation. also fill out your signature so we know what truck we are dealing with.... makes it easier to help you

ive tried changing my filter ill try to post my details soon so do youall think thats out of range for my tune w/o a lift pump or not?

ive tried changing my filter ill try to post my details soon so do youall think thats out of range for my tune w/o a lift pump or not?

I would say either get a lift pump or back the tune down a little or you may ruin the CP3 eventually.

I would say either get a lift pump or back the tune down a little or you may ruin the CP3 eventually.
thats what ive been wondering if it hurts the cp3 or not im beginning to think that mine is weak but i dont get any dtc about the low rail pressure

Actually from what ive learned on LB7 trucks running 18-19,000psi is a good place to be.

But if you want to gain some more pressure cut back the pusle width.

Actually from what ive learned on LB7 trucks running 18-19,000psi is a good place to be.

But if you want to gain some more pressure cut back the pusle width.
so even if the commanded frp is much higher you dont think thats going to cause other problems

as long as you are over 18,000 you are okay. But try to keep it higher.

Pressure is MUCH more important than pulse width. My 512hp tune has only 3,000MS of pulse width I have another tune that is similar that I pulled with and it had 4,500ms of pulse width and made 37hp and over 200lbs of torque less.

Pressure is key to making power.

from the reading that ive been doing it seems 2400 psi is max for a stock cp3? or is that without a lift pump just trying to decide what route to go because i believe mine is on its way out but i really dont want dual pumps (stock internals:boom:stupid money!!!!!!!!) maybe an upgraded cp3?
just looking for ideas

i think your missing a zero. They run 23,000 stock. If you find a way to keep the pressure up props to you. My 500hp tune runs around 19,000psi.

Back