• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cold start vid....

To be honest I don't think that is too big of a deal... this is an IDI motor, and with all the 6.5's we have running around up here they all look like that starting up on a cold day. With 4 plugs the truck WILL NOT START at 19, so *maybe* you have one bad plug, but I think its more just like the truck is cold. I've felt my old truck run on 3 or 4 cylinders with my foot on the pedal to keep it going till the other cylinders fire.

To be honest I don't think that is too big of a deal... this is an IDI motor, and with all the 6.5's we have running around up here they all look like that starting up on a cold day. With 4 plugs the truck WILL NOT START at 19, so *maybe* you have one bad plug, but I think its more just like the truck is cold. I've felt my old truck run on 3 or 4 cylinders with my foot on the pedal to keep it going till the other cylinders fire.

I hope so, i really dont think the injectors are leaking, at least i hope not and they better not be. Ive never had functioning glows as long as ive owned the truck, so this is a new experience to me...

Well it sure seemed to start fine. Nice and quick. Now that seems like alot of smoke to me. Id agree with everyone else and say there is probably one or two glows that arent working.

Now i know CT isnt anywhere near as cold as you guys in NY and canada, but ive never had any of my trucks smoke that bad on start up. Just our old diesel cabover trucks.

Back