• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Codes after Engine Tune

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The 04 8.1 is throwing a few codes after running the tune for a day or so.

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
P0140 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2" EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0160 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2" EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0140 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0160 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0140 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2" MPHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0160 "O2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2" MPHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
C0055 "Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (both wheels) Circuit" M ($29) "Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)"
U1500 "Inter-device Dedicated Bus" HC ($97) "Mobile Communication System (Onstar)"
B2470 "Cellular Phone Antenna Circuit" HC ($97) "Mobile Communication System (Onstar)"
B0229 "Recirculate Position Feedback Circuit Range/Performance" HC ($98) "HVAC Control Module"

Should I be worried? Can/What should I do to elminate these?

shoot it and put it out to pasture....i'd say you may have a glitch in the tune. did yo utry a scripted tune? or just made your own changes?

It's Nick's tune. Hopefully he will chime in.

:)

Jeff,

Was this a full OS reflash, or just a .cal? Did you use the tune I sent you, or script it back into the orginal?

It looks like the tune is looking for parts of the truck that aren't there (maybe they were on the truck I tuned, but not yours). If this is the case, you should be fine to turn these codes off in the tune and forget about it.

Nick

Jeff,

Was this a full OS reflash, or just a .cal? Did you use the tune I sent you, or script it back into the orginal?

It looks like the tune is looking for parts of the truck that aren't there (maybe they were on the truck I tuned, but not yours). If this is the case, you should be fine to turn these codes off in the tune and forget about it.

Nick

Thank you sir.

Now just let me figure out how to turn them off...:D

there is a section down towards the bottom on the left menu that has all of the codes and what the set off.

There are also folders for modifying the parameters of the codes. Hoever ive never looked at the setup for an 8.1 only the Dmax.

Check out the engine diagnostics folder - DTC test enablers and Mil reporting. Turn either off/not report to solve the light issue.

Nick

Thanks guys.

I was undable to locate a few of those.

I'll reload the tune and we'll see what happens.

Jeff

Back