• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P0216

Crazy

Reaction score
K getting code p0216 i know it has to with timing so what have done

change out the stepper motor and ran some cleaner thought a tank fuel

clean and check all grounds

check lift pump good

replace fuel filter

even swap out PMD with 3 diff ones

truck seem run great going down the road at any speed but in the driveway in park if take rpms 2000 it ok and if take it to 2200 - 2300 its get ruff and lot white smoke now have clear the code and go down road 25 to 100 miles no light comes on but next time start it it will come back on and clear agian go 10 miles down the road and come back on. but like i said it run great with os with out ses light

truck is 97 3500 6.5
pmd new more to from bumper
4'' exhaust

thanks for any help

Bruce

k if i plug OS do just do just bring the rpms up to see what happens or do i drive around day with it unplug to see if code come back ?

I am little confused how i should be testing this with OP unplug

the only time ruff is in park and i bring rpms up to 2200 - 2300 but going down the road it run great and i can be running 2300 rpms all day

sorry if sound stupid when come to 6.5 injector pumps

just so there is no confusion the OS = Optical sensor on the IP =injection pump. when you unplug it it will run off the CPS=crank position sensor. it will take longer to start and have less power, but is a test for the OS.

Back