• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Car code" OBD-2 dot com Alex C Peper wont read ABS code?

schiker

Reaction score
Anyone have carcode and can get around on it ok? I can click through some windows and tabs but not feeling comfortable with it.

After playing with it a while I can't get it to read any ABS code for my '97. My ABS light is on so I believe there should be a code set right ????

I do get it to connect and read some enhanced codes from the power train control module but they were nonsense codes while the truck was off key on.

If I go to the codes screen no codes are found. My check engine light is not on so that does not mean much right now.

I called the help line and Alex? stepped me through going to the enhanced tab and selecting GM and antilock brakes 29 iirc but it would not read codes.

Seriously thinking of returning it unless someone has found it useful and can help me figure it out.

Also,

I am disappointed in Carcode. The virtual dash isn't very smooth.

In comparison I had someone hook a free Android app to my truck through a Bluetooth ELM327? connector and the gauges read smoother and more real time like my actual dash guages.

Well crud, I must have misread the carcode webpage or read between the lines. I did see this....

"Restructured 1996 1997 S-1O and Sonoma 2.2L enhanced engine and ABS brake real time data with device and function tests"

Then blurbs about on enhanced data for the 6.5 diesel.

Dang code readers are confusing. I am tired of reading "will read MOST vehicles".

I don't remember a choice that specific for enhanced mfg codes. I believe under enhanced I picked GM then module for ABS .....29. and clicked request. I'll go back and see if its an option.

I believe I have the latest and greatest carcode software update rev 12-07-09. I am ASSUMING the latest rev of software is what I am suppose to use.

I did check to see the download for GM 6.5L Diesel L65 C and K 1997 was included in latest revision of program. When I tried to download it and save it to my computer it asked if I wanted to overwrite the other copy of the file. I said yes.

When I look at webpage downloads
I don't see a " GM 6.5L ....... 2002 download ?

Can you ask that again differently.

Probably unrelated I am using the Trican / all protocols adapter-router connector and its suppose to pick the correct protocol to communicate. It seems to connect correctly.

Last edited:
I remember fumbling past the page but think I clicked on L65 97 when I was there not the ..... L65 02 line.

Who would have thought. I have probably clicked on a bunch of stuff and have the software all katty whampus. Is there a return to defaults option anywhere? Or I wonder if I should delete it off my computer and reload it. I believe my software Id is for the hardware isn't it? Wonder if its a one time ID use?

The virtual dash just seems slow to update or refresh the gauges. Do you get smooth needle movement? Am I "sending" too much data to monitor and it take a while to refresh all of it and the gauges are just lagging.

Attachments

• l6597.JPG
    l6597.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
dash always worked fine for me. I think your making it too complicated, when you hook up a new vehicle it starts from scratch as far as year options go. Unless your entering vin data.

Back