• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can't Load TCM Tune Into 5-Speed Allison

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I Tried to Load a TCM Tune before on an LB7, and EFI couldn't Connect to Load the Tune.

It Pulled the OEM TCM Tune fine, but couldn't Connect to Load the Modded TCM Tune.

The New TCM Tune is a Different OS than the Stock Tune, and I Tried Both Load Buttons, the Load Current OS & Calibration and the Load Current Calibration...neither would Connect.

Any Ideas?

I Tried to Load a TCM Tune before on an LB7, and EFI couldn't Connect to Load the Tune.

It Pulled the OEM TCM Tune fine, but couldn't Connect to Load the Modded TCM Tune.

The New TCM Tune is a Different OS than the Stock Tune, and I Tried Both Load Buttons, the Load Current OS & Calibration and the Load Current Calibration...neither would Connect.

Any Ideas?

Whats the error?

It says it Lost Communication or a Cable became Unplugged. So I'd Turn the Key back Off, Unplug, Replug, Turn Key On, and try again, but the same Error Message would come up.

I've found that you just about have to unplug the BCM to get mine to flash the TCM files in sometimes. One thing you can try is to turn the key on and wait about 30 seconds before you try and flash it. Alot of times this will work on mine. The TCM seems to be a picky one sometimes if there is anything else going on over the class 2 data bus. Did you try flashing it without the high speed box checked? The first time I flashed mine I had to uncheck it to get it to go through. Be ready to wait though as a slow speed TCM flash takes almost 40 minutes on a 5 speed TCM. And are you using V7 or V8 to flash?

I always Use the V7.5 Tune Tool to Load or Pull Files.

I can't do the Low Speed because the Battery in my Laptop is Shot, I barely have enough Time to Load 1 Tune at High Speed before it's telling me to Plug the Laptop In because it's gonna Die.

I always Use the V7.5 Tune Tool to Load or Pull Files.

I can't do the Low Speed because the Battery in my Laptop is Shot, I barely have enough Time to Load 1 Tune at High Speed before it's telling me to Plug the Laptop In because it's gonna Die.

TCM flashes do take longer than ECM flashes espescially on the 5 speeds(ECM flash is 400KB's, TCM is 1 MB). You may try and unplug the BCM and see if it will flash then. I've had to do this several times to get mine to flash in.

Back