• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

can this be fixed?

bison

Reaction score
Moron son inlaw tried closing his dell laptop with a pencil in between keyboord and screen :rolleyes5:.
it broke the screen straight across midways,bottom half of the screen stays black now.

Can this be fixed reasonable or is it toast?

very easy, please post exact model etc.
i have most factory repair / service manuals and it will tell and show you exactly how it is done. most of the time all you need is one tiny screwdriver.

you did NOT get those from me however.
if everyone had those you would have to pay $100/hr for some MBA to fix it ;-)

Moron son inlaw tried closing his dell laptop with a pencil in between keyboord and screen :rolleyes5:.
it broke the screen straight across midways,bottom half of the screen stays black now.

Can this be fixed reasonable or is it toast?

Sounds like daddy's little girl could have done better?:D

sounds like he has the same kind of son in law that I do....Mine is a "dumb as dirt dope head alcoholic"....
You ever seen how deep sea angle fish mate for life,where the male becomes parasitic on the female and grows into a little wart on her body.
That's pretty much how i see him.:mad2:

Oh, my... breathe deep, fellas.. concentrate on the topic...

Let's not get into son-in-law, mother-in-law, or other general in-law discussions in the computer forum, please. :D Those belong in the 'WTH did I ever do to deserve this' forum!

you could always use it without the screen, hook up a seperate monitor on it..(staying on topic)...

Easy, peasy pie...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9400/en/sm/display.htm#wp1006390

On edit:
Might can call DELL direct to see what they have on pricing for a replacement LCD. I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 to $200?

Look and see what your Dell Service Tag number is. Click on this link and you might can find the LCD replacement part with pricing. If not, just call DELL or even do their click to chat - they can look up the replacement part number and price with having your service tag information.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1&~ck=anavml

I got the puter home on fathersday,peeled the screen out next morning(20 min job cuz i had to figger out how to unseat the little snappy's without breaking things) ordered new one,got it in last night($150) put it back in this morning(10 min job)easy does it:thumbsup:
and voila,a brandnew puter,checks out to be fully loaded with you name it,its there.:D

Dumb f"ck son in law spend $1200 on a new puter):rolleyes5::h

I did the same thing for my son, It seems that some sand from Iraq destroyed the DVD drive and HD...took it all apart and within a few minutes I was done...loaded up the new OS and shipped it back to him...

Back