• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

can any ford guys give me some info?

tyler111991

Reaction score
Im trying to find out info on my truck, its an 88 F250 XLT lariat 4x4 5 speed. Ive looked all over google and found some stuff but nothing that tells about what transfer case this thing has, or anything about the rear axle gearing. I do know its a Sterling 10.25 in the rear. I guess its concidered an HD since it has the heavier 8800lb gvwr. Are there any sites that anyone knows of where I can look up the VIN of this thing and find out more? Would anyone happen to know if the transmission is the mazda 5 speed or ZF? Thanks in advance

BW1356 transfercase with PTO. zf5 transmission with dual PTO ports. its a f250HD with a dana 50TTB, regular f250s usually got the dana 44HD front axle and a 8600 GVWR, and the HDs are 8800 GVWR. I found the answers to all of my questions, can anyone tell me how to delete a thread? :)

Back