• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

California Emissions Law?

WanaDmax

Reaction score
Whats this bullcrap pile of sh** ***hole fa**ot ****er sh** gonna be about?

I wanna get under the radar and get a grandfathered truck... Any year where the cutoff is?

Legally speaking LB7 without an EGR or Cat, as in technically its illegal to remove the Cat off trucks that were equipped with them which would include some lb7's all lly's, lbz, and lmm's. EGR's are illegal to render inoperable on the same list. And LMM's have the dpf which is illegal to tamper with. But so is just about every mod you can do to your truck. So really just screw the republic of Kalifornia and buy whatever truck you like the most, and proceed with modifications, you can always bolt your stock exhaust back up, if they ever get any where with diesel emissions testing. Or by a diesel of 96 and earlier vintage.

heard about a new emissions law for CA where diesel trucks cant be modded, cause that will make you fail the test, etc. but there is a cutoff for a certain year..

Are you talking about the new law for 2010? That applies to trucks under 8400 gvwr. Most srw 3/4 ton duramax trucks are at 9210 so we are not affected, YET. It's all based on gvwr. If you're refering to something else, than I havent heard about it and would like to see the law.

It's 98 and newer, and under 14,000 GVW will be checked. I have talked to the guy at BAR and CARB. They are doing even VIN #'s this year and odd next year. So if you have a 98 or newer and the last digit in your VIN is odd, you don't have to worry until next renewal.

Back