• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buddy's chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is the best for innovation, members here have the drive to make the almost impossible happen. I know first hand the product works as described and is really dam nice to have :D. I also am a supporting vendor :hihi: and have to say that the vendor fee is pretty reasonable. For you new innovators, supporting vendor may be the best way to ease into the marketing issues all small businesses have.

More to come in the near future on some new innovations, I love the R/D / testing phase. :skep:

My apology's to Buddy. I didn't realize this would be an "issue" here. I only wanted to know if it was indeed his. He has not advertised or solicted buyers. Give him some breathing room before jumping all over him. It's a free world and as long as he plays by the rules he can sell chips where ever he likes. My 2 cents.

My apology's to Buddy. I didn't realize this would be an "issue" here. I only wanted to know if it was indeed his. He has not advertised or solicted buyers. Give him some breathing room before jumping all over him. It's a free world and as long as he plays by the rules he can sell chips where ever he likes. My 2 cents.

x2. He didn't even do anything, not even his thread. Ebay makes it possible for anyone to sell anything anywhere. Buddy shares all sorts of accumulated data with us, and helps diagnose numerous members vehicles new and old.

Admin should not be pressuring him or anyone else into becoming a vendor. Don't forget this is a 2 way street. He has contributed an absolute ton to this forum over the years. :kiss:

I"m New here to the forum but I sure don't see where Buddy did anything wrong. Buddy's been a big help to me as I learn about these 6.5's and regard him as an asset to this forum.

Mark

Buddy didn't do anything wrong but neither did Pepperidge, it was just an invitation to become a vendor as far as I could tell.

Lets all take a deep breath step back and evaluate this. This same type of issue made this forum and is what split us, from the other place. Lets not give them the satisfaction, we are better than this. :eek::???:

x2. He didn't even do anything, not even his thread. Ebay makes it possible for anyone to sell anything anywhere. Buddy shares all sorts of accumulated data with us, and helps diagnose numerous members vehicles new and old.

Admin should not be pressuring him or anyone else into becoming a vendor. Don't forget this is a 2 way street. He has contributed an absolute ton to this forum over the years. :kiss:

Admin pressing to become a Vendor is not what I see in this thread, what I do see is a member with a product riding another post on free advertising. It isn't fair to the others that pay to advertise here, simple as that.

If buddy would like to promote is product freely to sale then a supporting vendor status would be appropriate.

Remember, this site isn't free to us (Me & Nick). We put out a lot of hard work and money to keep things running smoothly. Software, Hosting, domain & all other fee's add up very fast when this is suppose to be your hobby.

Admin pressing to become a Vendor is not what I see in this thread, what I do see is a member with a product riding another post on free advertising. It isn't fair to the others that pay to advertise here, simple as that.

While that may be true I started this thread not him. If you would like to close it fine by me.

I have made a conscious effort to avoid getting "free advertising", otherwise people would have been discussing these months ago. I did not attempt to get a free ride, and I do not appreciate the implication that is what was happening, and insinuation that I don't "support" the forum. Bullheaded moderation is what drives people away, and there is a history of it. If you want to invite people to give you money try not belittling them and having emotional moderation, take a simple quesiton like who owns this site for example and see what kind of nonsense ensues.

It's just the white man trying to keep us down.

...but seriously if we move again, somebody let me know. It took me like a month to figure it out last time. :grin:

I have made a conscious effort to avoid getting "free advertising", otherwise people would have been discussing these months ago. I did not attempt to get a free ride, and I do not appreciate the implication that is what was happening, and insinuation that I don't "support" the forum. Bullheaded moderation is what drives people away, and there is a history of it. If you want to invite people to give you money try not belittling them and having emotional moderation, take a simple quesiton like who owns this site for example and see what kind of nonsense ensues.

It is the fact that others pay to sell here, you do not.

I'll close it out with this, I NEVER stated that you don't support the forum. Nor did I say that YOU are trying for free advertising, a member posted a link that conflicts with the rules as similar products are being sold by vendors here. That was the issue at hand, it is now fixed and we can move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back