• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bruce (Crazy) has had a massive heart attack......

Possmguts

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know some of you know Bruce.... (Crazy)
I thought I would post here since he was a 6.5er and it would be seen here more so than somewhere else on the site.

I Just got off the phone with his girlfriend.....
Bruce had a massive heart attack and has been in a coma since Thursday morning and it is with a heavy heart Im telling you guys that hes not expected to make it through the night.
They are going to do an EKG to check for brain activity and then more than likely, he will be un-plugged in a couple hours.

Bruce is a friend of mine though I never met him in person and Im sure there are guys here that will also miss him.

Becky is his girlfriends name and here's their address for anyone that wants to send something. I will find out the final arrangements if you want to send flowers.
P.O.Box 544
Fairfield Florida

Aww man.....that SUCKS! My brother went much the same way, but was gone before he hit the floor. Best wishes and prayers go out to the family!!!

Oh man that is sad to hear...I go by that area all the time. I think it is north of Ocala, FL

Thats a damn shame. I dont know him personally. How old is he?

Cant believe they would just pull the plug that soon. But im not sure of the extent of his condition.

Thats a damn shame. I dont know him personally. How old is he?

Cant believe they would just pull the plug that soon. But im not sure of the extent of his condition.

He just turned 50 over the weekend.... Hes had no brain activity since the attack and has flat lined several times. I had just talked to him on the phone Wed night and he was fine and then he had it late that night.

WoW, that totally sucks. Scary to think I turn 50 in a couple months. And I was in such a good mood since I got an email that said

Congratulations Ed
You are the winner of a $100 gift card for Fraserway RV from News 1130. Your prize is available to be picked up at the station any time. Our address is 2440 Ash Street, Vancouver V5Z 4J6. Phone 604-873-2599. We are open Mon - Fri 9'00 - 5:00, please bring a piece of photo id to the front reception desk.

Also, could you please update your information in the Insider Club as the only phone number we have on file was not correct and we generally contact winners by phone.

Please call if you have any questions and see you soon !

Rogers Radio News 1130
2440 Ash Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4J6

I certainly hope he wins and pulls through. Ed

Sorry to hear this, when your peers go it kind of hits close to home.

Prayers sent.

He is still on life support until tomorrow when his daughter arrives... They said he is brain dead and nothing can be done for him. Sure gonna miss his phone calls.......

Some of the guys have decided to do a donation to his girlfriend since he had no life Ins. If your interested in helping, PM me and I'll give you the details.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers to Bruce and his family.

I have a good friend who went in for a colonoscopy after we finished up our last assignment in Spokane. They found colon cancer. Runs in the family. It was a decent sized tumor, but had not spread. He went it for surgery on the 13th, but contracted a staph infection and has been in a coma in ICU since. He texted me after surgery:

"Operation went well. In a lot of abdominal pain. Can't imagine what being shot is like. Oxygen problem now code 3. Multiple blood pulls. EKG. Full oxy mask. Heavy mucous blocking airways. How did your interview go?"

Damn, going through all that and he had it in him to ask how my interview went. It went fine. My next rounds are in NY next week. I only had his e-mail and cell phone, but no response. Through our manager, who is in contact with his wife, she said he's improving though still unconscious. They've weaned him off 4 of the 7 drugs they had him on. Lost 40 lbs already. Wow. He's only 55. Praying for you Jim!

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers to Bruce and his family.

I have a good friend who went in for a colonoscopy after we finished up our last assignment in Spokane. They found colon cancer. Runs in the family. It was a decent sized tumor, but had not spread.

Not wanting to hijack or take anything away from Bruce, but my fiance's dad died over the summer from stomach cancer. Lost alot of weight, could pick him up by myself easy. He was only 53. Everything I know from vehicles came from him.

It's a tough pill to swallow. I'd be willing to throw in several dollars to a donation.

Back