• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Broken motor mount bolts.

slowbutsteady

Reaction score
I finished replacing the IP however when I was under the vehicle I saw the bolts were sheared off on the motor mount on the ddrivers side. The bolts sheared off in the block.

I'd really appreciate anyone's input as to the best way to remove the bolts after I jack up and remove the old mount.

Are the bolts soft enough that I could drill them and use an Easyout (I've never used on before and want to make sure I don't make a bigger mess. ).

If the heads just popped off (as opposed to twisted off) you may just be able to peck at it with a chisel in a CC direction to back them out then grab them with vise-grips.

If you do the drill/EO thing yes the bolts are soft enough to drill.

Ill take a pic. Basically I was trying to pull out a stuck transport truck but the engine broke free and the fan went through the radiator stack so it was a rather expensive repair.

The mount sheared the bolts clear off. I do not see any studs out as it looks like it was cut flush at the block.

If you can get under there to drill it then use a left hand drill bit of the right size for an easyout. More often than not while running the drill in reverse it will grab the broken bolt and back it out. If not at least you still have the pilot for your easyout

Sent from my SCH-I535

Back