• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bottle test

pc_renaud

Reaction score
How do you do a bottle test, what do I look for. Want to see if my fprv is operating properly, thanks.

Pop bottle, 3/8" fuel line 3-4 feet, 3/8" bolt less than 1/2" in length.

Drill a hold in the bottle cap and stuff the line through.

Go to your driverside fuel rail using needle nose pliers disconnect, the hose thats on the end of the fuel rail, and then slide off the clamp.

Put the 1/2" bolt into the end of the line you just removed, to keep fuel that may be in there from running out.

Take the clamp you removed earlier and slide it on the 3/8" bottle test fuel line, then take the line and slide it over the barb that you exposed by removing the return line on the end of the rail, slide the clamp down to secure the line.

Secure the bottle somewhere out of the way, and there you go, I filled a 20 oz soda bottle halfway full in 1 run so i'd recommend a run or 2 and then check your status.

I have a race valve in mine, so there should be nothing in the bottle correct?

nick that was before the shim right? what about after the shim install? and does it hold enough pressure for your higher tunes?

nick that was before the shim right? what about after the shim install? and does it hold enough pressure for your higher tunes?

I havent had any problems yet. Most dont aslong as your careful and dont knick up the inside of the rail or the relief valve. Basically just follow the directions and you'll be fine. Make sure you use aluminum in the vice so you dont buger anything up. I never bottle tested it since the shim job, though, I never threw codes again so it wasnt really nessacary.

Back