• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Body Lift

94blazer

Reaction score
I know some of the 3500 series trucks had a body lift from the factory, anyone done one on a half ton? Wondering about clearance around the turbo and passenger inner fender mostly.

Casey

Yeah, well I'm not ready to do a spring over swap and ditch the IFS, so its getting a body lift first. :agreed:

You will have to modify the fan shroud which if you tow will adversely affect cooling ability, The Air clearer has to be reworked, the trans linkage. There is probably more but that was what I saw when I looked into it. Also note that all the body lift kits I saw specifically said not for diesel. I think TurboTahoe has one ??

I got one,,, K2500 here,,, yeah they say for Non Diesel only,, But it works fine on my truck,, I only have the top half of the shroud in,,, You could make some drop down brackets from the lower core-support to mount the lower half on,, then you'd need a filler for in between the 2 halfs. I didn't bother. I do have a HO water pump, duramax fan and HD clutch with 180 t-stat, and NEVER have issues. Shifter linkage has to be extended,, and the tube from the turbo to air filter, I took some heat to it,, stretched it abit,, turned it some, and it works fine. No turbo to inner fender clearance problems. make sure if you get a kit that it comes with the New Bumper mounting brackets So they line up, Mine has the front ones,, but not the ones on the back bumper, No big deal, just more space between the bottom of tailgate and bumper top.

I have looked into one and running the filler pannel from a 3500hd instead of raising the bumper, then you could add a 3" taller radiator at the same time.

Back