• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Been MIA last week or so

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
I've been covered up lately so haven't been round these parts much, not much time on rest of this week either. Just wanted to pop in and leave a note about a new featureed area ya'll need to keep an eye on.

VW Lupo (Nick) is making a trip around the USA and will be keeping us updated via a travel blog that DTR has set up for him to make journal entries in http://dieseltowingresource.com/announcement.php?f=93 As he nears your area mite be worthwhile to try to do a meet & greet with him. Bill Heath put him in touch with me, and I put him in touch with Unit453 (other Nick) who agreed to set him up with the travel blog.

I also put VW Lupo in touch with Slim Shady (Dennis) who lended a hand, his shop, and his vehicle lift in getting the burb ready for the road trip, we wish Nick all best of luck in this trip, also sending prayers his way as well that God blesses his trip as well. Ya'll be sure to lend a hand if he reports in with a need, we will be his long distance "pit-crew".

Any problems in northwestern Kansas, stop in! got tools (not many special 6.5L or metric though), fuel, and, if really needed, a 95 C3500HD to rob parts from.

I'm about 50 miles west of minneapolis, mn. I have a shop,tools welder,gmtdscantech, many spare parts,10,00lb trailer, useally cold beer and food in the fridge.

bighawg said:
If I read your story right, you are coming to Georgia. There is a little town called Helen in the Northeast Georgia mountains. It is built like a little swiss alps town. Kind of cool. Just thought I would throw that out. I live about 80 miles Northeast of Atlanta on I 85 let me know if you come by this way.

Good Luck on your travels,
bighawg

i have been getting PMs like this, but feel free to comment in my threads directly - I really appreciate it.
Thanks guys for letting me know your 1020, however my route is not close to NYC...
check it out :
attachment.php

Thanks TD for getting my back and for sending out prayers. I hope I will not need the "long-distance" pit crew other than for some meet & greets (maybe some BBQ invitations :rolleyes5:) and nothing happens. So far all is going well. I am about to post my latest adventures from yesterday from the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and the Lincoln Homestead State Park. Give me a few minutes and then you can read all about it of you want to.

Here is some teaser pics....

Attachments

• IMG_7050.jpg
    IMG_7050.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7130.jpg
    IMG_7130.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7097.jpg
    IMG_7097.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: