• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bad EGT Gauge??

MOX

Reaction score
Guy's my Pyrometer gauge started fluctuating badly and then quit working on a 1700mile trip two days ago. now it will come back on periodicly but wont go above 300, do yall think its the gauge or the probe? maybe bad ground?

Its more than likely your sensor thats bad. When you see radical fluctuations like this, the probe is bad.

It's prob. the Probe.

What kind of EGT Gauge do you have?

When my Edge one went out, it would say my EGT's were 75*, then it would Work Correctly, then it wouldn't, ect...

The gauges are Autometer Sport Comp 2's, came with the probe and everything, guess i'll try and find my receipt, prob easier just to go buy a new one though!

I have brand new autometer probe that you can have, all I ask is for the old one in exchange. Or you can call Autometer yourself and they will send you a new probe for free I believe. Here is what the new probe looks like.

Attachments

• DSC01917.jpg
    DSC01917.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1
I have brand new autometer probe that you can have, all I ask is for the old one in exchange. Or you can call Autometer yourself and they will send you a new probe for free I believe. Here is what the new probe looks like.

Thats exactly what mine looks like...

Thanks RYDYNHI4x4, i called Autometer and they are sending me a new one,for free.

Back