• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Auxillary fuel tank

sidelined

Reaction score
the truck I just bought has an auxillary fuel tank in the bed. Its the pretty common one with the shallow toolbox in the top. Anyone familiar with these? Wondering what capacity it is. A guy told me 60 gallons, but we all know how that goes.

Is it a transferflow with the TraxII computer? Many brands and many ways to control the tanks. You want to be 100% sure how it works because if it is a switch the pump on type you can flood the lower tank and waste fuel after you forget to turn off the pump. Ask the Previous Owner about it in detail.

previous owner only had it a few months and didnt know much about it. He was leery of it and didnt use it. It is a Transfer Flow inc., it has a toolbox about 10 or so inches deep that covers the top completely. After looking under the truck I believe it will pull fuel from either tank depending on the switch position. I have some pictures on my phone that I will post later and you guys can prolly tell by the pics which way it is plumbed. I still have more checking to do to see if it even works at this point. I really dont need it, but I would prefer it to work properly. There is a factory type plug near the fram mounted pump that is unplugged for some reason, also gotta figure out what that is about. And then today the low coolant light came on, but the coolant level is fine. Maybe a sensor or something???

Back