• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

@automatic carcode reader (hardware) & car apps

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Found this as I was searching for an app to better track my vehicles.

I'm wondering if anyone is willing to try it out: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UZ0OHIQ/?tag=jhuntlink-20

Fuelly.com recently bought another app called acar which can be used to track maintenance of your fleet of vehicles with graphs to show mileage, etc.

I was initially looking for an app that would map my drive and help provide better/easier information regarding my drives - whether scenic or traveling or work.

Currently trying out MyCarTracks and TripLog

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What's your main goal of the mapping?
I believe torque pro can do it. Way cheaper too. Just don't cheap out too much on the Bluetooth dongle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, the thought behind the mapping thru triplog, acar, mycartracks was to have a log of mpg, miles driven, tanks filled, etc. Not really sure if there's a usefulness behind it.

But the inquiry about the @automatic carcode reader hardware & software would be to read codes and clear them without having to go to a parts store or calling a buddy up. And whatever extras come with it, are bonuses.

Oh, okay.
So basically a fuelly with it mapped.
I haven't really heard about that specific app.
Be interesting to see what you come up with. I'm not sure I've seen anything that does that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fuelly.com recently bought another app called acar which can be used to track maintenance of your fleet of vehicles with graphs to show mileage, etc.
: I'm still trying to see what I can get out of that.

I've tried to remove any of the other apps for fear of draining the battery.

But I'm quite interested in the @automatic carcode reader and wondering if we can find any testimony on whether it works or not.

Back