• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

anyone make calc. pids with efilive?

0rion

Reaction score
I posted this over on EFI's board but I'm missing something somewhere when making the PID. I can't get this to show up in the systems list. Defining calc. pids with efilive is A LOT different than with hptuners. Much easier with hpt. I've read conflicting info on the PRN so I went with what was in the help file but still no go. I've tried changing this up a few times. PSI is also listed in the sae.generic pid file so I shouldn't have to define it. I'm just missing something or have something in here wrong that I'm not catching.
I'm making a calculated PID that uses the map in kpa to show boost.

Attachments

• calc_pids.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
post this over at mcrats site. they will have a better answer. the efi live forum is good, but doesnt have a lot of foot traffic so its kinda slow. plus most of the guys are from mcrats anyway.

I got it figured out. I was making the changes to the calc.pid but had it in my copied directory and wasn't moving it to the my documnts/user config directory. I now have a functioning boost gauge in the dashboard view of efilive. I need to look up and see what numbers I should be seeing to verify it's accurate but it should be. I'm seeing like 2 lb's cruising and 16-17.5 lb's under wot.

Now I need to move on to using logged data to determine what I need to do to my tune. I'm just getting a feel for the diesel stuff right now and then I'll start deciphering the tables.

for the record if someone that has a boost gauge wanted to test this to verify the numbers that would be awesome. I've used this to create pids in hptuners when looking at boosted cars. You can see the formula in the expression column. It's ({SAE.MAP.kPa}*0.145038)-14.5038
1bar=100kPa=14.5038

Like I say I used it to look at a quick log I did up and down the road last night real quick and to me it looks like it might be accurate but the only way to know for sure is to compare it to a gauge.

for the record if someone that has a boost gauge wanted to test this to verify the numbers that would be awesome. I've used this to create pids in hptuners when looking at boosted cars. You can see the formula in the expression column. It's ({SAE.MAP.kPa}*0.145038)-14.5038
1bar=100kPa=14.5038

Like I say I used it to look at a quick log I did up and down the road last night real quick and to me it looks like it might be accurate but the only way to know for sure is to compare it to a gauge.

Post your new pid txt file and I'll test it for you sometime today (assuming I find the time). :smile5:

Post your new pid txt file and I'll test it for you sometime today (assuming I find the time). :smile5:

I replaced the original up there with the one I'm using now. No hurry. I'd just like to verify the numbers line up. Should be able to download that to your my documents>efilive>v7.5>user config folder and then load it as a gauge in the gauge view of the dashboard. Or you can load it on the chart also.

I replaced the original up there with the one I'm using now. No hurry. I'd just like to verify the numbers line up.

Ok. I'll try to get some info for you sometime today.

I'm going to adjust this calc. after talking to JoeCar. I'm going to make it subtract the baro from the map. Makes more sense so it would be more accurate no matter what elevation you're at.

Back